PDA

View Full Version : Rack Pull PR

BigTallOx
09-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I've been doing rack pulls alot to get ready for the 18" deadlift event at nas masters nationals. I got a PR this morning, just under 700 pounds ( with the collars, lol )...

KuHDdUBoWSc

This was my 3rd PR this week ( also had conan's wheel and atlas stones PR ). Today was my last heavy/hard training session before my meet.

dynamo
09-05-2010, 07:34 AM
sick lift! what would you say your estimated max deadlift is?

BigTallOx
09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
sick lift! what would you say your estimated max deadlift is?

From the floor, mixed grip ( powerlifting style, no hitching or straps ) it's right at 600.

dynamo
09-05-2010, 08:18 AM
dayum! nice! I'll be shooting for 500 in the next few weeks. I kind of hate you because it seems like you have been wicked strong ever since you came to the forum lol I guess thats a good hate! :P

Brian C
09-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Great lift BTO, congrats and GL at your meet!

Tom Mutaffis
09-06-2010, 07:46 AM
That is great that you get to train with Van Hatfield.

It is a bit different to pull from blocks or tires than it is to pull from pins, but you should do well with this event in New York.

BigTallOx
09-07-2010, 05:30 AM
That is great that you get to train with Van Hatfield.

Yup, I consider myself VERY lucky. I've only started training with him since the utah meet back in July. He's a super nice guy and has helped me a lot.

It is a bit different to pull from blocks or tires than it is to pull from pins

Hmmm, I guess we should have pulled from blocks instead. I haven't done that before, I've only pulled from the pins like in the video. What exactly is different? ( which way do you pull more weight? ) Do you know if the event is called "18inch deadlift" will they use a deadlift bar? It won't be a 2" axle, right?

BigTallOx
09-07-2010, 05:53 AM
dayum! nice! I'll be shooting for 500 in the next few weeks. I kind of hate you because it seems like you have been wicked strong ever since you came to the forum lol I guess thats a good hate! :P

LOL, thanks, but you must not have seen my before picture. I have not always been strong and wasn't before I came to this forum. Coming here basically is what started my strength training, before that I really didn't know what I was doing.