PDA

View Full Version : Squat Training - Bar tilt...

mikesbench
09-05-2010, 09:16 AM
=B3KPoBPfAKU

Took some video of suit work this friday, and I see the bar tilting towards my right. If anyone can see a reason this is happenning it would be great to know.

Also, I might need to find a camera angle where I can view depth accurately; because these all looked high, or borderline at least, but felt good. I had the camera above paralell in front of me. Any recommendations on ideal camera location to critique my depth? Probably side at paralell height?

Thanks

-JM-
09-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Vid wasnt showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KPoBPfAKU

Liftersize
09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
as far as the tilted bar, it looks like you aren't quite centered underneath the bar by just like an inch or so and i think thats the only thing causing the problem. If you look at the marking on the bar your right shoulder lines up exactly and your left shoulder comes slightly past the markings while you are unracking it.

The first squat was just a tiny bit high, maybe could even pass, the rest were rather high.

Feel free to ignore me since you are a stronger lifter, but thats what i see.

mikesbench
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I see what you're saying about being off center; adn't noticed it at first glance. Ithink judging by this video the depth was borderline or worse all along; I plan to set up a more reliable camera angle next time; but looks like I'll need to work on my depth.

Sean S
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
At every meet I've done recently I've had my handler center me under the bar. For some reason I just have a tendency to set up slightly off center. Just have one of your training partners center you up on the bar.

Beverly McD.
09-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Mike, try setting up your video from beside, and very slightly in front of the lifter. As close to the top of the knee as possible. Definitely not below the top of the knee at all though.

This is usually where the judge at a meet will be sitting. Keep in mind though, if you have a judge that is sitting even slightly behind you at a meet, and you're wearing canvas, you may have to go slightly deeper to appear to make depth.

mikesbench
09-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks Bev, and everyone else. Lots of great input.

NickAus
09-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Depth looked very close to me.