PDA

View Full Version : What should I eat Post workout?

Parker 1995
09-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey guys i lift weights at my high school right after school, and i am curiou what I should eat before I lift. I no i should have a shake but its hard to make it work with no milk. I was thinking a penut butter and jelly sandwhich, and some pretzels with a gatorade or something? Any ideas?

seK
09-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Which is it you are wondering about?

Parker 1995
09-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Which is it you are wondering about?

If those foods are a good idea post workout, or if you have any ideas of what I can eat.

geordie1986
09-06-2010, 07:54 AM
I think what sek is refering to is that the title is "what should i eat post workout" but then your description asks what you should eat before you work out. I think your getting pre and post mixed up.

Pre-workout = before you train.

Post workout = after you train.

Behemoth
09-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Carbs and protein for both.

I like whole food preworkout, and about 2 hours before. I usually eat about 5oz chicken breast and 1-2 cups of oats with skim milk and sugar free syrup preworkout. The amount is somewhat dependent on the workout planned.

Post workout I opt for supplemental food. I use whey protein and though right now am eating simple carbs post workout (soft pretzels actually) I will probably soon switch to a dextrose/maltodextrin mix as I begin to up my gaining. Results contains dextrose (which is a great carb choice post workout) along with creatine, ba, and hmb which is definely more beneficial than dextrose alone.

Parker 1995
09-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Carbs and protein for both.

I like whole food preworkout, and about 2 hours before. I usually eat about 5oz chicken breast and 1-2 cups of oats with skim milk and sugar free syrup preworkout. The amount is somewhat dependent on the workout planned.

Post workout I opt for supplemental food. I use whey protein and though right now am eating simple carbs post workout (soft pretzels actually) I will probably soon switch to a dextrose/maltodextrin mix as I begin to up my gaining. Results contains dextrose (which is a great carb choice post workout) along with creatine, ba, and hmb which is definely more beneficial than dextrose alone.

I see thank you for the discription but i cannot eat these beacuse i dont have anything to make them with i lift right after school

Parker 1995
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I think what sek is refering to is that the title is "what should i eat post workout" but then your description asks what you should eat before you work out. I think your getting pre and post mixed up.

Pre-workout = before you train.

Post workout = after you train.

Thank you for clearing this up i didnt no that but do you have any ideas what i should eat before do you think the PB and J is good?

Behemoth
09-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Its not optimal but the most important part about preworkout nutrition is that it simply give you the energy to train, and train hard. If you can eat some type of protein and carbs, a tuna sandwhich or turkey, chicken, roast beef etc lunch meat would be a better choice than pb&j.

Parker 1995
09-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Its not optimal but the most important part about preworkout nutrition is that it simply give you the energy to train, and train hard. If you can eat some type of protein and carbs, a tuna sandwhich or turkey, chicken, roast beef etc lunch meat would be a better choice than pb&j.

alright thank you i will definetly try to get some sort of protein in before i lift.