PDA

View Full Version : Leviathan HELP

SoCoBarbell
09-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Still trying to figure out what to do PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have lifed single ply until recently ordering new gear from Inzer.

First of all the hips of my gear fits perfect.

My single ply suit had 20 inch leg openings. I liked them as tight as possible. I squat with my toes touching the monolift and I never had trouble getting my knees out at all.

My Preds have 23 inch leg openings. I understand they tapper out to make it easier to push your knees out but, I feel like I'm loosing alot of support because of the big legs. I really don't get any more carry over from my preds than my single ply suit bottoms. I was thinkin of having the legs sized down to 21 inches?????

My Levi gives me great support with the straps up but nothing I mean NOTHING with just the bottoms on. The legs on the Levi are 27 inches. They are so loose I could cut them off and it would make no difference at all. I was thinking about sizing them down to around 23 inches??????????

I'm just afraid to go too much. In my single ply suit my legs measure 24 inches. Should I go to 24 so it's not too tight????????????

Lones Green
09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Your single ply stuff should fit tighter than your canvas.

My leviathan fits tight in the hips and stomach, but is loose in the legs. I can get a couple fingers under the leg openings, I don't have a LOT of experience in the suit, but some. I don't think it needs to be cutting off circulation in the legs to be effective. The hips are the important part

My preds are the same way, I had to get the legs let out a bit even because my legs are pretty big.

Thats weird about your bottoms, for awhile I got better at squatting in my bottoms than with straps up. I'd strap up and the pressure would be overwhelming because I wasn't used to it and couldn't use the suit. Now, I have it pretty well figured out. The pressure you get from canvas is pretty unique in my opinion

Lones Green
09-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Also, if you're going to have alterations done I would say go an inch at a time. You can take more away but you can't add more back

SoCoBarbell
09-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Your single ply stuff should fit tighter than your canvas.

My leviathan fits tight in the hips and stomach, but is loose in the legs. I can get a couple fingers under the leg openings, I don't have a LOT of experience in the suit, but some. I don't think it needs to be cutting off circulation in the legs to be effective. The hips are the important part

My preds are the same way, I had to get the legs let out a bit even because my legs are pretty big.

Thats weird about your bottoms, for awhile I got better at squatting in my bottoms than with straps up. I'd strap up and the pressure would be overwhelming because I wasn't used to it and couldn't use the suit. Now, I have it pretty well figured out. The pressure you get from canvas is pretty unique in my opinion

That's kind of what I figured I should be able to fit a couple fingers in the leg openings but, mine are so big I can fit my leg + a 12 ounce soda can copletely in the opening.

Any way you would be willing to measure your leg with your briefs on and then measure the leg opening of your Levi? That would be a huge help.

I'm doing a meet Novenber 6th so I only have one shot at alterations. Thanks Bro

NickAus
09-05-2010, 11:49 PM
If your legs are 20" then take the legs in to 21.5", they will still be pretty loose and you can always take them in again.

NickAus
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Make sure you measure your legs in the right place.

Lones Green
09-06-2010, 08:49 AM
That's kind of what I figured I should be able to fit a couple fingers in the leg openings but, mine are so big I can fit my leg + a 12 ounce soda can copletely in the opening.

Any way you would be willing to measure your leg with your briefs on and then measure the leg opening of your Levi? That would be a huge help.

I'm doing a meet Novenber 6th so I only have one shot at alterations. Thanks Bro

Sure, I wouldn't mind doing that. I'll post what I come up with tonight.

A soda can under the leg is certainly too big

SoCoBarbell
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks Lones! I really appreciate it.

theBarzeen
09-06-2010, 06:47 PM
don't forget to take in to account the extra circumference that the briefs will add to the leg measurement.... If you are used to the gear being this loose I wouldn't try to dial it in too far at 8 weeks out from a meet. It might give you more support but you might also have problems hitting depth. Better to leave a few lbs out there for next time than to go crazy with the gear and just bomb.

I said it when you posted the same thing on Outlaws, and I'll say it again: make sure whoever adjusts your stuff uses #69 or *91 Nylon bonded thread so it won't blow out. Most gear companies use the #69.

SoCoBarbell
09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
don't forget to take in to account the extra circumference that the briefs will add to the leg measurement.... If you are used to the gear being this loose I wouldn't try to dial it in too far at 8 weeks out from a meet. It might give you more support but you might also have problems hitting depth. Better to leave a few lbs out there for next time than to go crazy with the gear and just bomb.

I said it when you posted the same thing on Outlaws, and I'll say it again: make sure whoever adjusts your stuff uses #69 or *91 Nylon bonded thread so it won't blow out. Most gear companies use the #69.

Thanks agaim Bro. At least in single ply I like my gear especially the legs so tight my feet start getting numb. I've alway got ALOT of extra pop when the legs are tight when they get loose I can loose #50 easy. I just realize the canvas cant be as tight. That's the reason this decision is so hard for me to make. The measurement I took around my leg was 24 inches with my Preds on.

Right now I'm thinking 23 or 24 inches on the Levi. I might just go 23 1/2 if Inzer will do that.

I'm sending it to Inzer because they'll do the Levi free. I am deloading squats the next few weeks so I don't peak too early. I want to get it sent out now because I don't know how long I'll be waiting.

Lones Green
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks agaim Bro. At least in single ply I like my gear especially the legs so tight my feet start getting numb. I've alway got ALOT of extra pop when the legs are tight when they get loose I can loose #50 easy. I just realize the canvas cant be as tight. That's the reason this decision is so hard for me to make. The measurement I took around my leg was 24 inches with my Preds on.

Right now I'm thinking 23 or 24 inches on the Levi. I might just go 23 1/2 if Inzer will do that.

I'm sending it to Inzer because they'll do the Levi free. I am deloading squats the next few weeks so I don't peak too early. I want to get it sent out now because I don't know how long I'll be waiting.

A long time, haha.

I'll get those measurements tomorrow, ran out of time today

SoCoBarbell
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
A long time, haha.

I'll get those measurements tomorrow, ran out of time today

Thanks again Lones

brauny96
09-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Call Ginny Phillips, its faster than dealing with inzer. Not only that you can take a chance of having your suit screwed up by them.They have in the past.

Inzer gear runs bigger in the legs, Metal Gear runs smaller in the legs.