PDA

View Full Version : best 3x3 power rack?

owenharrison
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm looking to upgrade to a more solid and safe power rack. I've got it narrowed down to the elitefts 3x3 econo line, newyork barbell 3x3 titan rack, and one from texas strength. Does anybody have any input or actually own one of the above brands? Thanks

Travis Bell
09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
The one from Elite is pretty solid

ehubbard
09-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm looking to upgrade to a more solid and safe power rack. I've got it narrowed down to the elitefts 3x3 econo line, newyork barbell 3x3 titan rack, and one from texas strength. Does anybody have any input or actually own one of the above brands? Thanks

x2 on the EFS rack. Other option is the R3 rack from Westside. Best value on the market in my opinion. Do not order a rack from NYBB.

Tim K
09-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Total Strength and Speed (http://www.fatbars.com/Full_Racks.htm) builds impressive racks. I believe the construct rack, built to specifications, for others too.

Pete22
09-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Just as another option (maybe a bit cheaper too) but Legend fitness makes great racks. I believe they make a Louis Simmons/Westside line of equipment as well.

cic
09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
x2 on the EFS rack. Other option is the R3 rack from Westside. Best value on the market in my opinion. Do not order a rack from NYBB.

That rack from Westside looks awesome. I wonder how it compares in quality to the EFS pro series 2x2 . I'd rather spend $100 more on this one, than their 3x3 econo model.
The hole spacing is superior on the pro model.

Chris Smith
09-07-2010, 10:17 PM
The racks from Total Strength and Speed looks to be made by Williams Strength, which I believe makes equipment for Elite, still. I have a 2x2 rack from Westside which is a great rack, but would love to upgrade to a 3x3 or Collegiate Rack from Elite. Might want to check with Scott Prosek from Bad Attitude Gym--he makes quality stuff as well.

Travis Bell
09-08-2010, 03:20 AM
That rack from Westside looks awesome. I wonder how it compares in quality to the EFS pro series 2x2 . I'd rather spend $100 more on this one, than their 3x3 econo model.
The hole spacing is superior on the pro model.

The quality on the R3 rack is top notch. Its a very sturdy rack.

IRBS
09-08-2010, 06:32 AM
The racks from Total Strength and Speed looks to be made by Williams Strength, which I believe makes equipment for Elite, still. I have a 2x2 rack from Westside which is a great rack, but would love to upgrade to a 3x3 or Collegiate Rack from Elite. Might want to check with Scott Prosek from Bad Attitude Gym--he makes quality stuff as well.

Definitely contact Scott at snpequipment.com, he built my rack and bench, absolutely top notch and his prices are great, even with shipping he beat pretty much everybody else.

AdamBAG
09-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I train with Scott. He built a power rack and bench for my garage and I've got nothing but good things to say about it. It has the same hole spacing as the elite racks, band pegs, chin up bar etc. He pretty much can build anything you want. I would suggest contacting him.

www.snpequipment.com

Tim K
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Same company... Williams Strength, Fat Bars, and Total Strength and Speed. Not sure why they have three names. Because they are local to me here in SC, its where I bought my rack. Got a phenomenal deal, loaded it up in the back of my truck, and now it sits in garage. That thing can handle more weight then I'll ever be able to move. Check out their closeout specials - they usually have one or two awesome items there.