PDA

View Full Version : Knee wraps with the best REBOUND??

NickAus
09-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi,

Please let me know what knee wraps you have found to have great rebound/pop?

I do not care much about stopping power.

At the moment I'm leaning towards APT ZRV Pros.

Thank you very much!

BloodandThunder
09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Nick

Most IPF/USAPL guys who divebomb in gear wear Inzer Z's or the Titans. the ZRVs look pretty similar

NickAus
09-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Nick

Most IPF/USAPL guys who divebomb in gear wear Inzer Z's or the Titans. the ZRVs look pretty similar

Thanks Bro! I am not really fast down but not slow either.

ScottYard
09-07-2010, 08:02 PM
The Elite All black super heavy wraps are my favorite at the moment. I was using strangulaters until these came out. Very simalar but less skin tearing.

NickAus
09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks, anyone else?

dammstrate
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Strangulators are the best I have found so far. Didn't know Elite has heavier "all blacks"
that Scott mentions, will have to try those.

NickAus
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Strangulators are the best I have found so far. Didn't know Elite has heavier "all blacks"
that Scott mentions, will have to try those.

Do they give more rebound than the convicts? I can get them in Aus saving on shipping.

Thanks Gregg.

Lones Green
09-09-2010, 03:19 AM
A lot of people are using those new Titan ones, those are supposed to be real springy

I like the ZRV wraps but I hate knee wraps. They're like wearing nothing

Ben F Burgess
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
ZRVs are junk IMO. Not enough rubber for any rebound.

Convicts are great, as far as i know the EFS wraps are the same as some of the APT ones, just re-badged. E.g. EFS Heavy wrap (black and white stripe) = APT convicts

Lones Green
09-09-2010, 03:39 PM

Convicts are great, as far as i know the EFS wraps are the same as some of the APT ones, just re-badged. E.g. EFS Heavy wrap (black and white stripe) = APT convicts

ZRV's are junk for sure

BloodandThunder
09-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Convicts are the s&it but when applied properly, I feel they're more of a cast wrap. I see the word rebound and I assumed more flexible wrap. The metal all blacks are a decent mix, but are a bit pricey. The Blue mamba wraps are a decent mix as well.

IronDiggy
09-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Inzer Z's worked well for me. was well as the Titan Titanium's(black /w blue stripes) although I think they've been discontinued?

elilliebridge
09-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I have used the same knee wraps for the past year and a half and still get as much rebound out of them now as i did when i first got them. I have not tried out any of the newer knee wraps that are 3 meters long or that are much thicker, in a way i think that's just a little too much, but for me, I use the new titan titanium knee wraps from titan. They are 2.5 meters long but you can get them in 2.0 if you like, they are black with blue, red and yellow strips on them. Check out my videos on youtube just type in my name "Eric Lilliebridge" and you can see my progression up to an 835 raw squat with these knee wraps on for every workout.

IronDiggy
09-10-2010, 11:00 AM
The red black and blue wraps from Titan are THP wraps I thought.

Ben F Burgess
09-10-2010, 12:49 PM
The red black and blue wraps from Titan are THP wraps I thought.
Correct. They are still making titaniums as well though - they have just introduced a grey stripe into them so the THP are black/red/blue/yellow and the titaniums are black/blue/grey

elilliebridge
09-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Correct. They are still making titaniums as well though - they have just introduced a grey stripe into them so the THP are black/red/blue/yellow and the titaniums are black/blue/grey

My bad i get the names of the two mixed up because the first pair i had were the black with 3 blue stripes and i believe those were called the titanium knee wraps, but yes the wraps that are black with red yellow and blue are the ones that i use, the THP wraps 2.5 meters.

Brian205
09-13-2010, 11:43 PM

The ZRV-Pro is better for Wrist Wraps because when wrap tight, it doesnt stretch much, ideal when you like stiffness in a moving joint like the wrist but still comfortable,

while in the knee, you need a bit more stretch and rebound, because your moving the joint thru the squat motion,

The Blue or Black Mambas are good options.

NickAus
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys!!

EliteFTSs shipping to Aus is too much for a pair of wraps............I am going to choose between the Titans and the apt blue mambas as I think they will suit me well.

I appreciate the help.

JKDnewsletter1
09-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Iím in martial arts, and get the same question. Not sure if this would help or not, but here is many JKD instructorís view on a similar topic, you can check it out for no charge: http://www.JKDnewsletter.com

JasonLift
09-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Iím in martial arts, and get the same question. Not sure if this would help or not, but here is many JKD instructorís view on a similar topic, you can check it out for no charge: http://www.JKDnewsletter.com

I didn't know JKD taught self defense while squatting....