PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Hit my goal of a 1000lb squat.

WILD BILL
09-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Training has been off for awhile due to bad staph infection and work. Been back at it now for 3 or 4 weeks. Log will be getting updated again too.

6lSO4l2VOcI

gatorman2k6
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Awesome work Treston! All the hard work has paid off. Now it's time to celebrate with a block party.

NickAus
09-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Great work 1000 is yours!

Lones Green
09-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Great job buddy!

vdizenzo
09-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Fantastic news. I don't get youtube at work. I can't wait to check it out tonight.

drew
09-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Awesome bro. What a huge accomplishment. That was a great looking squat. Congratulations!

Brian Hopper
09-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Good job buddy, that's awesome!!!!!!!

Brian Weston
09-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey Brother,

Great job!
I remember my first 1000 lb.squat, got to do it at a meet. hadn't even done it in the gym yet. It's great to get that weight on your back.
Great accomlishment!

Keep up the hard work, it is obviously working!

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

Brian C
09-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Congrats Treston!

Travis Bell
09-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Sick squat Treston! Nicely done

WILD BILL
09-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone. I know im like the 985th guy to do it so its not a big deal anymore but it was a personal goal to always do that.

LouPac
09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone. I know im like the 985th guy to do it so its not a big deal anymore but it was a personal goal to always do that.

Pat yourself on the back man, leave humility for another day, it is a big deal. You are one of the relative few out of 7+ billion in the entire world that can squat that.

Tim K
09-10-2010, 08:12 PM

It is a big deal. Don't sell this accomplishment short. You just squatted a grand... and that is F'n AWESOME. Congrats on the big lift!

[R_H]
09-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Congrats!

ScottYard
09-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Never minimalize your accomplishments. leave that for the haters. Nice work!

Chris Rodgers
09-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Congrats Treston! Great work!

joey54
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Fantastic squatting. Was there a cigarette break involved between attempts?(I watched with the sound off if this was addressed in between)

mikesbench
09-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Nice work Treston, that's a BIG squat; should lead to a HUGE total.

dr mike
09-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Nice effort at a partial squat, but that lift was at least 4-5 inches high.

dammstrate
09-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Hey dickhead "dr mike", you ever stood up under a grand before, let along gone down and up with it? If Treston did at the end of a workout in the middle of a training cycle, he will be good for it on meet day.

Fantastic progress Treston since I met you in Cincy a couple of years ago.

Who's the hot chick calling you "T-bear"? T-bear? Dude that's embarrassing.

Gregg.

dr mike
09-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey dickhead "dr mike", you ever stood up under a grand before, let along gone down and up with it? If Treston did at the end of a workout in the middle of a training cycle, he will be good for it on meet day.

Fantastic progress Treston since I met you in Cincy a couple of years ago.

Who's the hot chick calling you "T-bear"? T-bear? Dude that's embarrassing.

Gregg.

You obviously have quite an intellect but for the sake of argument I will entertain your childish response to my legitimate question.

No I have not as you put it""stood under a grand" but I have managed to squat raw 570 @ 177 in under AAU rules.

I know by your mature retort to my question that you have obviously done more, so please don't bore me with your accomplishments.

I was merely pointing out that though commendable, this gentleman's squat is a good 4-5 inches high lets say as compared to those done by Fred Hatfield,and Kirk Karwoski.

Just because someone makes an observation contrary to your opinion doesn't make them as you so poetically put it a "disckhead" , but your response does point out that you nedd to grow up.!

joey54
09-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Not the best way to introduce yourself to the board Dr. Mike. We will respect your opinion, but multiply squatting is a tad different than what you are comparing it to for certain.

Rugby Dad
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
judging by the last 2 replies above, i'm glad Dr Mike was the one who breached the point and not me. ouch LOL
but yeah I agree, training session or not, those 2 squats were way high.

and gentlemen, we're big strrong men right, so we can take a few critiques without getting all sensitive can't we?

Travis Bell
09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
You obviously have quite an intellect but for the sake of argument I will entertain your childish response to my legitimate question.

No I have not as you put it""stood under a grand" but I have managed to squat raw 570 @ 177 in under AAU rules.

I know by your mature retort to my question that you have obviously done more, so please don't bore me with your accomplishments.

I was merely pointing out that though commendable, this gentleman's squat is a good 4-5 inches high lets say as compared to those done by Fred Hatfield,and Kirk Karwoski.

Just because someone makes an observation contrary to your opinion doesn't make them as you so poetically put it a "disckhead" , but your response does point out that you nedd to grow up.!

And who are you to tell Treston to train?

Gregg's point stands, whether you like it or not, he's right. If Treston wants to train to a certain depth in training, who cares?

Treston has proved in the past at meets that he's able to get it done. You however just pop in here and decide that you know how to train better than him? Weak

judging by the last 2 replies above, i'm glad Dr Mike was the one who breached the point and not me. ouch LOL
but yeah I agree, training session or not, those 2 squats were way high.

and gentlemen, we're big strrong men right, so we can take a few critiques without getting all sensitive can't we?

Again, same point as above, it's a training squat. "Critiquing" it as you call it is akin to telling him how to train,which in the case he did not ask for. So you are left to either like the squat or you don't. If you don't like it, just wander to some of the other threads

I'm assuming your goal of course is not just to pick an argument. If your goal is to just pick an argument than you both went about it the right way.

dynamo
09-12-2010, 02:43 PM
impressive especially if it was at the end of a workout.

dr mike
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Not the best way to introduce yourself to the board Dr. Mike. We will respect your opinion, but multiply squatting is a tad different than what you are comparing it to for certain.

By no means am I looking for an argument, just making an honest observation.

I have no experience with multiply squatting, but I do have a fair knowledge of power lifting history and have held an AAU judges card in the past.

I also realize that some will take offense to anything that is said as some people are contrarian by nature.

Others i suspect compete in organizations that this version of the squat is considered acceptable, and by critiquing this mans effort, they see this critique as an affront to their own efforts.

It doesn't matter to me what organization one chooses to compete in, I for one have in the past chosen to compete in a drug free, raw, forum. To some I'm wasting my time, and they are entitled to that opinion.

I tend to base my observations on objective criteria and leave the personal attacks to the Internet tough guys.

Any offense was unintended.

Nevertheless, the squat that I viewed would be judged as unacceptable in the USAPL, AAU, or ADAU.

Hopefully, this individual does well in the organization he chooses to compete in , I wish him well.

WILD BILL
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. And Dr. Mike, I can say with a absolute certainty that the 955 squat was a bit high and yea its training so no big deal. On the other hand the 1000 was competition depth if not maybe half an inch high. Multi ply lifting is extremely diff from AAU lifting or any other single ply federations. I have competed for 11yrs now and have yet to be called on depth in any meet. If I have missed the squat in a meet it was because I was to WEAK not because I was too high. And I have competed in AAU, NASA, APA, APF, UPA and the SPF so I know what depth should be.

The depth at which one chooses is his own decision. All federations have the rule of depth as breaking parallel. That one be either 1/4 of an inch or 6in. Either way a squat that breaks parallel by whatever depth is good in my book.

And I dont mind criticism from people on here or anywhere. Guys like Travis Bell, Gatorman, Lones Green, Scott Yard, Brian Hopper and many of the other great lifters on here can criticize me any day of the week because I respect them as lifters and people. Not guys like you who come into a community like we have here of a brotherhood and make one of your first post one of criticism.

Again thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and for sticking up for me on here. Again why this forum and you people are the best we have in our sport today.

mastermonster
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Dr. Mike. Your accessment of Treston's depth on his 1000 lbs.training squat shows me you probably should not have ever held a judges card. 4 or 5 inches!? Come on! You have apparently not seen Dr. Squats old videos. One even on here recently. His squats were (like most in multi-ply today) Just under break. He was a smart guy and not dumb enough to give up pounds trying to impress people by dusting the floor with his ass. I'll bet old Fred even did a few in training that were a little high????? I'd say the last squat on the vid was like maybe an inch - 1 1/2 inch from there, and maybe closer; front views are hard to tell. And for Gregg. He has a degree in engineering and is as intellegent an individual as I've ever met. And, he is a stickler for hitting depth (both in other's squats and his own). He has even busted my chops a time or two on the depth of some training footage (respectfully of course). He's also a well over 900 squatter in Competition and they are down there! A high 700s to 800 DLer. And probably the #1 masters 2, 275-308 in the U.S. Being also an APF national referee and by now probably completed his WPC Judges requirements, he's more than qualified to call bull**** on your accessment of 4-5 inches high. I'm done. Have a nice day!

P.S. Treston, great job! Congrats!

Tim K
09-12-2010, 06:57 PM
All I'm gonna say is, damned nice squattin' Treston!

Dedaw
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
My God, that's impressive! And you're only 25? You've got a lot of time to topple that lift. That lift is a good 10 years into the future for me, so I can't even fathom doing that. Impressive, impressive.:omg:

Travis Bell
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM

I have no experience with multiply squatting, but I do have a fair knowledge of power lifting history and have held an AAU judges card in the past.

I also realize that some will take offense to anything that is said as some people are contrarian by nature.

Others i suspect compete in organizations that this version of the squat is considered acceptable, and by critiquing this mans effort, they see this critique as an affront to their own efforts.

It doesn't matter to me what organization one chooses to compete in, I for one have in the past chosen to compete in a drug free, raw, forum. To some I'm wasting my time, and they are entitled to that opinion.

I tend to base my observations on objective criteria and leave the personal attacks to the Internet tough guys.

Nevertheless, the squat that I viewed would be judged as unacceptable in the USAPL, AAU, or ADAU.

Hopefully, this individual does well in the organization he chooses to compete in , I wish him well.

You realize this squat was not done in a meet correct? This is what is called a training video. I realize this is unusual to see since nobody ever posts vids of their training, only their meets, but the point you are trying to make about it not passing in a meet from your perspective, is moot. This was not a meet.

gatorman2k6
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM

It's because of people like you that fewer and fewer gyms are posting training videos. Travis used to post tons of Westside videos, but thanks to people like you, they don't anymore. Thankfully, I believe it was Westside or Big Iron that ended their Pro/Am videos with the internet judges line because it definitely gave me a good laugh

dammstrate
09-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey "dr mike" ---

Your attempt to take the altruistic "high road" is an absolutely classic response of a person insecure about
his place in lifting and in life.

I am fairly well known on this board and in the multi-ply, non-drug tested (go ahead, take your short) PL community, so I don't need to street race with jacked up 76 Camaros. Thanks for self-confirming your status
as "dickhead" in front of the board population.

Gregg Damminga

AdamBAG
09-13-2010, 09:06 AM
That's a lot of weight brother! Time to go get it in a meet!

I love that somebody called out the intellect of Dammstrate hahahahahaha. Doesn't that family have about 97 post-grad engineering degrees and build rockets for a living???? hahahahahaha

JimMcD
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I shot and posted Treston's squats. I've posted enough stuff over the years that to know that negative comments are going to come from people who are either A) don't understand (or compete in) the particular version of the sport shown in a certain video; B) have an axe to grind; or C) both.

It's all just noise to me by this point. In general though, I just don't post lifts that I'm not comfortable with. These were good training squats and a quick review of his meet videos would show anybody that Treston doesn't have trouble with getting depth. More often, he's a little too deep. We're working on helping him find a happy medium. Trust me, everybody at ST right now can take criticism on their lifts and gets it regularly. We don't have any desire to see our people get credit for lifts that aren't legit or to make fools of themselves on the platform.

Dammsilly
09-13-2010, 02:52 PM
And for Gregg. He has a degree in engineering and is as intellegent an individual as I've ever met. And, he is a stickler for hitting depth (both in other's squats and his own). He has even busted my chops a time or two on the depth of some training footage (respectfully of course). He's also a well over 900 squatter in Competition and they are down there! A high 700s to 800 DLer. And probably the #1 masters 2, 275-308 in the U.S. Being also an APF national referee and by now probably completed his WPC Judges requirements, he's more than qualified to call bull**** on your accessment of 4-5 inches high.

AND, he's crazy hot, too.

Nice job Treston, that was impressive. :)

MikeWilliams
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I dunno why this thread got so crazy, but I thought it was pretty sweet..25yr old guy moving 1000 L B s..
by the way how much do you weigh or what weight class do you compete in?

EDIT: ..disregard....I just read your signature

WILD BILL
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Again thanks everyone for the comments. And Jim I couldnt have said it any better.

AND, he's crazy hot, too.

Nice job Treston, that was impressive. :)

He is crazy hottt! I never knew he was that smart though. I just figured when I met him that he stayed at a holiday inn express that night.

Lones Green
09-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I shot and posted Treston's squats. I've posted enough stuff over the years that to know that negative comments are going to come from people who are either A) don't understand (or compete in) the particular version of the sport shown in a certain video; B) have an axe to grind; or C) both.

It's all just noise to me by this point. In general though, I just don't post lifts that I'm not comfortable with. These were good training squats and a quick review of his meet videos would show anybody that Treston doesn't have trouble with getting depth. More often, he's a little too deep. We're working on helping him find a happy medium. Trust me, everybody at ST right now can take criticism on their lifts and gets it regularly. We don't have any desire to see our people get credit for lifts that aren't legit or to make fools of themselves on the platform.

I was just about to comment and say something about that video of Treston's meet last March. He sinks 900 pounds deeper than most guys out there.

You don't have anything to prove to anyone Treston, congratulations again on your first 1000.

KarstenDD
09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
That was a very impressive double body weight squat.

Brian Hopper
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Treston, just keep doing what you do best brother and let the haters keep hating!!!!! It's sad you can't even post a training video to share with your fellow lifters without people talking s**t about it. I know how bad you wanted to get that monkey off your back, I'm happy for you bro!!!!!

WILD BILL
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks Brian, again there opinion doesnt matter to me. People like you and some of the other guys on here who know what we go through day in and day out are the only voices that matter on here.

And yea I needed to get that monkey off my back. Even with that goal met you still out squat me by a crap load and weigh 70lbs less than me. Thanks for making me feel like a sissy!

Treston, just keep doing what you do best brother and let the haters keep hating!!!!! It's sad you can't even post a training video to share with your fellow lifters without people talking s**t about it. I know how bad you wanted to get that monkey off your back, I'm happy for you bro!!!!!

Rugby Dad
09-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Again, same point as above, it's a training squat. "Critiquing" it as you call it is akin to telling him how to train,which in the case he did not ask for. So you are left to either like the squat or you don't. If you don't like it, just wander to some of the other threads

I'm assuming your goal of course is not just to pick an argument. If your goal is to just pick an argument than you both went about it the right way.

Travis, I just thought that when you post video titled "Finally Hit goal of ...." that you meant it was under contest like conditions? otherwise it doesn't count, afterall most guys don't claim the partials or 3 qtr lifts they make in training unless they specify that.
My bad tho.