PDA

View Full Version : Milk Alternatives?

NormalDude
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I currently use Lactaid milk in my protein shakes. I did not notice until today that there is 12g of sugar per cup!!! And I have 3 cups a day. Thats 36g of sugar on my cutting diet. I wondered why I wasnt going down in weight fast enough. Is there a milk alternative that has no sugar or lactose? I hate mixing my shakes with water but I will if I have to.

ThomasG
09-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Almond milk/breeze has less carbs but more fat.

Mercuryblade
09-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Almond milk/breeze has less carbs but more fat.

That stuff is delicious, too bad it only has 1g of protein per serving :(

Holto
09-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I currently use Lactaid milk in my protein shakes. I did not notice until today that there is 12g of sugar per cup!!! And I have 3 cups a day. Thats 36g of sugar on my cutting diet. I wondered why I wasnt going down in weight fast enough. Is there a milk alternative that has no sugar or lactose? I hate mixing my shakes with water but I will if I have to.

There is nothing magical about sugar. I cut on 400-500 grams of carbs per day.

If your total calories are correct the milk won't effect anything. What is your daily caloric intake?

Alex.V
09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
^ what he said.

NormalDude
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
There is nothing magical about sugar. I cut on 400-500 grams of carbs per day.

If your total calories are correct the milk won't effect anything. What is your daily caloric intake?

My diet is around 1900 calories. Roughly 28% carbs, 28% fat and 42% protien.

lawndarts
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
"Just pour some water on it. It won't hurt nothing". Seriously I do so much better using water. Just shake the hell out of it and it will eventually mix.

tenryhamilton
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I tried the soy milk and oat milk some time ago and did not like the taste of it, either, unfortunately. I have also tried lactose-free milk, that I did not like. I had also try the almond milk and rice milk, however, there's got to be something that's as good as cow's milk. And goat's milk, anyone? I used to drink this all the time in which the boy and its really creamy and really good.

Wizard
09-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I am intolerant to lactose so I try to avoid it anyway. As they mentioned, soy is a good alternative but I find it disgusting.

Mercuryblade
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I tried the soy milk and oat milk some time ago and did not like the taste of it, either, unfortunately. I have also tried lactose-free milk, that I did not like. I had also try the almond milk and rice milk, however, there's got to be something that's as good as cow's milk. And goat's milk, anyone? I used to drink this all the time in which the boy and its really creamy and really good.

All milk from animals contains lactose. Goat's milk is only slightly lower than cow's.