PDA

View Full Version : Good Double ply suit

brauny96
09-11-2010, 06:24 PM
after my meet in the fall,I am planning on getting s double layer suit to go along with my inzer predators. I wont buy Metal gear, they are too small in the legs. I was thinking of either a TRX, or maybe an overkill. Im new to double ply gear,and I'm not strong enough to handle canvas.

Brian Hopper
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Titan Boss!!!!

dammstrate
09-12-2010, 08:13 AM
A TRX is a single ply suit. A T-REX is essentially a double ply Preds with straps.

What kind of squatter are you? Do you dip a lot at the bottom, or sit down and stop like
on a box?

- if you dip or bounce, a T-REX or Overkill would be good, with the T-REX being the "bouncier" of the two
- if you sit and come up, a canvas or Titan Boss will be better, they are MUCH stiffer.

If you don't like the Metal due to the leg size, you might not like the Boss either. Unless you get a full
custom Boss, the legs will be smaller than the T-REX for the same hips/waist sizing. I am playing
around with some Boss stuff, and had to get a 52 briefs with 54 legs custom made, same with the suit.

mastermonster
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Titan Boss here too. If you have really big thighs you might want to pay a little more and get it custom made. Use Ken Anderson. He's the best I know at fitting people right. If it helps, I'm 5'10" 275ish with 30" thighs and very large hams (bulge out). I can wear a 50 boss brief and suit. Takes a little work to get on but is very worth it.

NickAus
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
You really cant go wrong with either, may be a little easier to hit depth in the Overkill so it depends on what you will be squatting??

I will say this- the boss briefs kick ass!