PDA

View Full Version : egg preparation question

f=ma
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
If I buy like 6 dozen eggs at a time and break them into a big vat so that i can have my predetermined egg white/egg yolk mix , will that keep in the fridge for a week or so as i go through it?

i feel like this is a pretty obvious yes..... but i am not an iron chef and i dont want to get some massive food poisoning from eating eggs that have gone bad

seK
09-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Generally raw eggs that are cracked will keep for 4 days in the fridge. I wouldn't trust anything longer.

Unreal
09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
What seK said. I would just crack them as you need them, or do a days worth at a time.

mike mcgee
09-14-2010, 11:51 AM
If the eggs still look the same as they did when you cracked them, they should be okay. Eggs usually start to get dry looking prior to spoiling. Do you cover them with a lid? Also, the less you are opening up and closing the fridge, the more likely foods will keep.

Time+Patience
09-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Combine two egg-yolks with two dessertspoonfuls of odourless linseed oil and two dessertspoonfuls of rum. Soak the hair and scalp. Keep on for one hour. Rinse off with warm water. This is especially good for dandruff and dry hair.

Egg Shampoo
This is one of the oldest beauty recipes. Eggs are full of protein. Beat two egg yolks in a glass of hot water. Strain, soak hair and scalp. Keep on for one hour. Rinse off with warm water.

Conditioning Shampoo
Mix together 1-2 tablespoons cheap shampoo, one egg and one tablespoon unflavored powder gelatin. Beat slowly in order to avoid lumps. This is an effective conditioning shampoo, The egg and gelatin are both proteins, and make your hair lovely and thick.

WHAT?

I had to LOL at this, very random.

I know you like to try to do as much prep as you can when it comes to cooking your food, but I wouldn't go past 3-4 days ahead of time for anything that is opened. There are certain things that I've tried to go beyond the 3-4 day self prescribed "limit" that I've set and things turned out fine, but I don't make it a routine.

Anything after 3-4 days, opened, I wouldn't mess with.

A good method to go by is the "smell" and "eye ball" test, if it smells funny or looks funny then you know it's not going to settle right.