PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Questions

shocker4221
09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
I have recently decided to start working my entire body instead of just muscles geared towards bench pressing. This has been interesting to say the least. I plan on taking video of my form for squat and the deadlift. It's been about 20 years since I have squatted and never really did deadlifts. When doing DL's I feel much more comfortable with a really wide stance and gripping the bar inside of my legs. Is this normal? I am also wondering if this sumo stance is allowed in competitions? Thanks for any help

Pete22
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Sumo is acceptable and allowed in all powerlifting federations. However, I don't think it's allowed in strongman comps. Depending on your leverages, you may feel more comfortable and pull more sumo.

shocker4221
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Sumo is acceptable and allowed in all powerlifting federations. However, I don't think it's allowed in strongman comps. Depending on your leverages, you may feel more comfortable and pull more sumo.

I'm 5'5" 220lbs with short arms and legs. This stance just feels better and puts a bit less strain on my back. I will be doing DL's again wed and hope to have video posted.