PDA

View Full Version : Benedikt Magnusson 880 lbs x 5 Deadlift

Tom Mutaffis
09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Straps, touch and go... looked like he was good for more though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchUE6Wy67s

DchUE6Wy67s

robchris
09-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Magnusson is definitely a beast... Is he lifting in the Andy Bolton DL challage next year?

NickAus
09-13-2010, 08:10 PM
He did indeed look good for more- amazing!!

chris mason
09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I just realized how built he is for deadlifting... His arms hang to the floor! I also like his motivation (the poster on the wall).

Pete22
09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Benni is so beastly, unreal. Oh and I knew I was on to something drinking Coke pre-workout lol.

NickAus
09-13-2010, 09:27 PM
He both the poster and the coke made me take a second look.

gatorman2k6
09-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Magnusson is definitely a beast... Is he lifting in the Andy Bolton DL challage next year?

I believe he is competing in it. I think KK is the only big name so far who hasn't confirmed.

Amazing video, he made that look easy!

C-Sobrino
09-14-2010, 03:18 AM
I just realized how built he is for deadlifting... His arms hang to the floor! I also like his motivation (the poster on the wall).

That's funny because I also realized how built he is for kicking my ass up and down the street any day of the week! :P

Lones Green
09-14-2010, 03:22 AM

I was going to post this, haha

GlennH
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Wow! Looks like he was out of real estate on the bar, too.

AJ Roberts
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
He wore straps so it don't count :zipit:

elilliebridge
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
My favorite deadlifter right here! He's the man! If anyone is going to beat Andy Bolton again.....it's going to be him! I wouldn't doubt if he pulls 1,000 raw soon!!!!

WILD BILL
09-14-2010, 04:18 PM
That guys finger was touching the plates. Easily taking 80-120lbs off the ift not to mention the straps. More like a 600lb deadlift for 5 reps.

All kidding aside that was awesome. One of the coolest vids ive seen in a long time. Hope he pulls in the DL challenge.

chris mason
09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
That guys finger was touching the plates. Easily taking 80-120lbs off the ift not to mention the straps. More like a 600lb deadlift for 5 reps.

All kidding aside that was awesome. One of the coolest vids ive seen in a long time. Hope he pulls in the DL challenge.

Lol, you know some twit is just itching to post that and be serious about it...

Liftersize
09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
freakishly strong. however at this weight you do have to give something to the straps as it seems the super high pullers like bolton and kk generally miss due to grip issues.

On another note i guess i need to start drinking more coca cola

WILD BILL
09-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Lol, you know some twit is just itching to post that and be serious about it...

HAHA Chris that is so true. Its sad that there are people out there that think that way.

Cmanuel
09-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Must be the iron maiden.

Hopefully I'll be going to the DL challenge. I think Benny is the only one that might even come close to the WR

Guido
09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Must be the iron maiden.

Hopefully I'll be going to the DL challenge. I think Benny is the only one that might even come close to the WRKonstantinovs might if he decides to do it, but I don't think he will.

Cmanuel
09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Konstantinovs might if he decides to do it, but I don't think he will.

He has already said that he isn't going to do it. I believe it was an interview in POWER magazine. I think he said something to the tune of him not being interested in setting the world record deadlift at this point in his career, its just not in his immediate goals

elilliebridge
09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
freakishly strong. however at this weight you do have to give something to the straps as it seems the super high pullers like bolton and kk generally miss due to grip issues.

On another note i guess i need to start drinking more coca cola

I'm sure the straps do help to some extent.... but man he's pulled 970lbs before....so i mean i doubt he'll have a grip issue pulling that or more in the future! I don't think i've ever seen a video of benedikt where he missed the weight due to grip issues....usually if he gets it up to his knees, it's his lift every time. The weights this guy can pull is just unbelieveable haha...same with Andy and KK

Jake Impastato
09-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Benny has everything it takes to pull 1000 plus. Andy will not be the only one to be able to pull a grand. As far as KK goes I think if he felt he could win the challenge he would probably make it. Although he stated that he would only be interested in doing it raw which would certainly give him a better shot. Right now there is nobody that can pull a grand raw so that would make it more open to other guys. The money is starting to grow in powerlifting so a big money deadlift challenge that is raw will happen in the future.