PDA

View Full Version : dieting and carbs

Hartzell84
09-15-2010, 09:14 PM
whats up guys, i have a quick question, im currently cutt, im 26 years old and have 5-6 years training in me, im currently folwing a upper lower split, MON-upper,WED-legs,FRIDAY-upper, Here is my diet breakdown 2200-2300 calories-around 65gfat-160-200 carbs and 250g protein.
My question is are my carbs too high? im also doing two days on complexes and rest weekends

Thanks

tom183
09-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I dont think so. Are you seeing results?

Hartzell84
09-16-2010, 06:36 AM
I dont think so. Are you seeing results?
Yess I'm seeing results,I'm just trying to get lean as possible

Behemoth
09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Fairly close to numbers I dieted on for a while last summer. Are you losing weight, or more importantly are you losing fat. That's all that really matters. Keep carbs as high as you can for as long as you can while still losing fat. They'll maintain your metabolism, spare your muscle and give you the energy to keep training hard.

Hartzell84
09-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Fairly close to numbers I dieted on for a while last summer. Are you losing weight, or more importantly are you losing fat. That's all that really matters. Keep carbs as high as you can for as long as you can while still losing fat. They'll maintain your metabolism, spare your muscle and give you the energy to keep training hard.

Thanks, I'm losing about 1.5-2lbs a week, and I actually have a lot of energy when I'm at the gym,thanks for the advise

The Spartan
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks, I'm losing about 1.5-2lbs a week, and I actually have a lot of energy when I'm at the gym,thanks for the advise

Where do your nutrients come from? wher are your carbs, fats and proteins comming from?

Hartzell84
09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Where do your nutrients come from? wher are your carbs, fats and proteins comming from?

Carbs are coming from wheat products,oatmeal,wheat bread,greek yogart eat about 4 a day,wheat muffin,

Fats-peanut butter,greek yougart, chicken salad,eggs

Protein- 2 shakes about 55g each,eggs,yougart 17g each,chicken

At night I take veggie soup mix it with spianch,chicken and egg beaters, makes good for fiber and protein about 4g of fat

How's that look? Any suggestions

Hartzell84
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Carbs are coming from wheat products,oatmeal,wheat bread,greek yogart eat about 4 a day,wheat muffin,

At night I take veggie soup mix it with spianch,chicken and egg beaters, makes good for fiber and protein about 4g of fat

Hartzell84
09-17-2010, 08:03 PM

And sodium wont effect my fat lost?

Behemoth
09-17-2010, 08:16 PM
And sodium wont effect my fat lost?

Unless you have high bp, the more the better. Sodium is anabolic. It wil also aid in energy while dieting and mental sanity. And no, it wont affect your fatloss.

My bp while dieting and consciouscly adding an ADDITIONAL several grams per day is lower than a gradual bulk (300ish cals over maintenance) while also eating clean.

In short, don't stress sodium.

Hartzell84
09-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Unless you have high bp, the more the better. Sodium is anabolic. It wil also aid in energy while dieting and mental sanity. And no, it wont affect your fatloss.

My bp while dieting and consciouscly adding an ADDITIONAL several grams per day is lower than a gradual bulk (300ish cals over maintenance) while also eating clean.

In short, don't stress sodium.

Thanks for clearing that up for me

The Spartan
09-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Whats up bud!
What works for me for carbs is Rice, Oatmeal, and potatoes and lots of veggies (greens)
I would try to stay away from highly processed foods, like your yogurts and breads.

Fats, again, i (personally) would stay away from yogurts.

Again, based on what I do to lean up for competition, i would stay away from what I mentioned. You can PM if you want to talk more off line based.

Hartzell84
09-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Whats up bud!
What works for me for carbs is Rice, Oatmeal, and potatoes and lots of veggies (greens)
I would try to stay away from highly processed foods, like your yogurts and breads.

Fats, again, i (personally) would stay away from yogurts.

Again, based on what I do to lean up for competition, i would stay away from what I mentioned. You can PM if you want to talk more off line based.

thanks alot, will do