PDA

View Full Version : Eating Before or After Nap?

ApieceofMEAT
09-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, as i recently got to college the amount of sleep i get per night has decreased from my school-free summer. This is not by choice but because of typical dorm ****. Loud drunks and whatnot. So my sleep is down to about 8 hours a night from 10 during the summer. So to compensate for my loss of sleep i take a 1-1.5 hour nap in the afternoon. My intuition tells me that i should eat one of my six meals before I take a nap so my body can use the nutrient to help repair the muscles from my workouts although thats just what makes sense in my head. Do yall know if its better to eat before or after a nap? What do yall do? Thanks!

Mercuryblade
09-16-2010, 11:38 AM
It probably doesn't really matter.

dynamo
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
i just ate. im going to go take a nap

Bonez
09-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, as i recently got to college the amount of sleep i get per night has decreased from my school-free summer. This is not by choice but because of typical dorm ****. Loud drunks and whatnot. So my sleep is down to about 8 hours a night from 10 during the summer. So to compensate for my loss of sleep i take a 1-1.5 hour nap in the afternoon. My intuition tells me that i should eat one of my six meals before I take a nap so my body can use the nutrient to help repair the muscles from my workouts although thats just what makes sense in my head. Do yall know if its better to eat before or after a nap? What do yall do? Thanks!

it does matter if u eat then go to sleep you can have acid leak from your stomach and cause issues i used to do it all the time and it messed me up bad

Mercuryblade
09-16-2010, 01:04 PM
it does matter if u eat then go to sleep you can have acid leak from your stomach and cause issues i used to do it all the time and it messed me up bad

Oh crap I totally forgot about the acid leak. You may have saved the OP's life.

tom183
09-16-2010, 05:29 PM
^--Very irresponsible of you.

ApieceofMEAT
09-17-2010, 02:02 PM
are you talking about acid reflux?

Focused70
09-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Every body's different ... that being said ...

I ate a cup of cottage cheese before I went to bed last night.

I'm still here and doing quite well, thank you. Sleep for 7 hours = extended nap. :hello: