PDA

View Full Version : Coan/Phillipi 10 week Deadlift Routine on a westside template

ThomasG
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I just realized I might be doing this wrong. The cycle calls for speed work and heavy work. I've been doing the speed work on DE lower body and the heavy work on ME lower body days. I finished week 3 and set a PR for a double.

However, I also just read this

The program consists of one workout a week where heavy and speed deadlifts
I don't know if my body could do the heavy work and speed work in one day. Did I dun goofed?

SELK
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Its supposed to be all in one day, but if you are making progress, why change anything?

ThomasG
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Its supposed to be all in one day, but if you are making progress, why change anything?

Yes, I was thinking this as well. I still want to continue the cycle cause it working so far but maybe I'll continue it all in one day like its prescribed.

bojackson
09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes Thomas, its all done in one day. I have ran this program once and loved it as i previously told you. I would run it as the programs prescribes. Good luck. I start this week running it again and cant wait.....

AdamBAG
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Dude, if you are hitting PRs then don't change anything. Just keep on doing what you are doing.

The most succesful lifters learn things from trial and error in the gym. If you are making gains your way then do it your way.

bojackson
09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Adam,
I was simply suggesting since this is his first time running the program, run it as it is prescribed to see what gains he gets from the "program". I do agree that a PR is a PR, no matter how you attain it. So, to each his own.