PDA

View Full Version : My progress pics: 1998 to 2010.

Time+Patience
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
I've been working out since I was 14, and I'm not 26, almost 27.

This past year I did my first BBing contest back in March, which is something I've wanted to do since I was a teenager. So I began a small book with my previous improvement pictures, so I've decided that I could share those progress pics here also.

I'm not the best with remembering when exactly these pictures were taken, but I'll go with some estimates.

The first set, first picture is me at 14 (summer going into my freshmen year), weighing maybe 145 pounds. The first set, second pictures is me the summer following, so 15, probably weighing around 155 pounds I'd guess.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/Strachan02/scan0004.jpg

The second set, first picture is me at 16 (soph year), and I'd say I was weighing close to 165 or so.
The second set, second picture is me at 17 (junior year), and I'd say that I was weighing closer to 180 or so. I was definitely at my biggest in high school right around this time.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/Strachan02/scan0003.jpg

These next pictures are from 2 days out of my first BBing contest in March of this year.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/Strachan02/Bodybuilding017.jpg

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/Strachan02/Bodybuilding038.jpg

I weighed in the day before the contest at 170 pound. It's crazy to think that I weighed more than that when I was in high school. I wish I had entered into a BBing contest when I was younger, but I'm not sure if I would have done a great job of dieting down. If I would of had someone to guide me along I could have done something, I'm sure. I also didn't realize that a lower BF % actually helped you look bigger, I thought I'd come in looking like an ant, but not many teenagers come in extremely "jacked". I just continuously said "I need to be bigger". I remember wanting to win the NPC Teen Nationals to get into the FLEX magazine and get flown in for that big photo shoot they do.

I give a lot of credit to any teenagers who enter into a BBing contest, it takes a lot of guts for someone so young to go through with that. It also shows a lot of discipline. I plan on getting more kids into weightlifting when I get into teaching, I think it can help teach you so much.
I plan on entering into 2 or more contests in 2011 and hoping to make even more improvements.

Time+Patience
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Sorry the first set of pictures come out so small, that's just how they scanned in. I'm not sure if i can manipulate them to make them larger. Anyone have any ideas of how to go about enlarging the pictures?

Behemoth
09-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Awesome progression Scott. And the best is yet to come. You're going to have a great season this upcoming year with the work you've put in.

fixationdarknes
09-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Great! You're a true inspiration :ninja:

chevelle2291
09-21-2010, 11:03 PM
You're like pure meso.

I hate you.

:clown:

teeroy
09-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Very cool. It is funny, you look more cut at 14 than 15. Good luck on the upcoming competitions!

ThomasG
09-22-2010, 10:19 AM
sick progress

BULK_BOY
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Congrats mate. You've done very well.

Cheers.

jAy_Dub
09-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Awesome! Your screen name definitely fits perfectly

Time+Patience
09-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks fellas. I was inspired to post my pictures after I've seen a few others post pictures of their "younger" days. I didn't have any pictures of me at a skinny 120, I was a stick.

As I look at the pictures and think of the weight I was at each time, it was as if I gained a solid 15 pounds every year for 4 years, but now my weight hasn't fluctuated much over the past 8 years, granted muscle mass has increased.

I guess it's about time to start doing more drastic things with my diet and such. I know Rory puts away like 350 grams of protein, which I can't fathom right now. I just need to make sure I can get in 3,500+ calories every day and I think my weight should take off again, but I can't get too carried away. Consistency has been my biggest problem in terms of diet and exercising, I used to take so many breaks, or just get too lax with my diet.

I'm definitely shooting to be a LHW after this contest season. This will be my last time competing as a Middleweight, or so I hope. If I can take a full year after this season to eat how I need to, I'm positive I could be sitting around 210 with the same BF%.

brihead301
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Holy s*** man....I can't believe you're only 170 in that last pic!!! That is ridiculous.

Goes to show that hard work and dieting really pays off!