PDA

View Full Version : low calorie snacks?

Dgro
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
just looking for ideas.

basically i'm at a stage where i don't want to gain any fat whatsoever, so i'm trying to keep my caloric intake in check. it's going well, except that i'm hungry A LOT even though i'm eating, well, a lot. Does anyone have a go-to food that they can eat when they're hungry that has very little calories? i figure i just need something to fill my stomach up a little. something i can eat a lot of quantity-wise would be great.

right now i'm thinking carrot sticks and celery... anything else?

tom183
09-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I actually find V8 juice quite filling. Only 20 calories per 100ml.

Unreal
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Apples, beef jerky, protein bars, protein shake, string cheese, brocolli.

Off Road
09-22-2010, 08:18 AM
My favorite snacks are:
beef jerkey, nuts, fruit, raw veggies, and cottage cheese.
If I was really serious about cutting calories, I would make a big green salad.

Codeguru
09-23-2010, 04:23 AM
just looking for ideas.

basically i'm at a stage where i don't want to gain any fat whatsoever, so i'm trying to keep my caloric intake in check. it's going well, except that i'm hungry A LOT even though i'm eating, well, a lot. Does anyone have a go-to food that they can eat when they're hungry that has very little calories? i figure i just need something to fill my stomach up a little. something i can eat a lot of quantity-wise would be great.

right now i'm thinking carrot sticks and celery... anything else?

Probably not what you are looking for but the serving size of goldfish is like 50 pieces for 140 calories. It sure fills me up when I try them...

Codeguru

Dgro
09-23-2010, 10:48 AM
haha yeah goldfish and similar items are what are getting me into trouble right now. if i'm awake and hungry around 10pm i can easily eat a thousand calories worth before i get full... granted, i stop myself long before then, and make my peace with going to bed hungry

The Spartan
09-23-2010, 11:01 AM
rice cakes are decent. if you get the plain ones. the flavored have a lot of crap in them. but you could skim a little natural peanut butter over them to get some flavor if you dont care for the plain taste! lol
Other than that, in the optimal health, you are looking at veggies for lowest calories!

VikingWarlord
09-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Fresh fruit. Beats everything else.