PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

Shadrack
09-22-2010, 09:17 AM
I've been seriously training now for 2 years( I know a baby) but one month ago started the HCT-12 training, followed the nutrition guide, wo routine down to everything. I now just want to make sure I've figured it right because the carbs seem high....I am a hardgainer for sure.

I'm currently 175, 10%bf. I want to get to 200lb, 10%bf by next March. Does that seem reasonable?

I'm currently taking in 300g protein, 100g fat, 600g carbs....4400-4600 calories...

I'm doing the 4 day a week routine.

My diet is very strict and is supplemented with blended protein during the day, whey before and after wo and casein at night.

I do also use creatine, bcaa's, a multi vitamin, flax seed oil and a triple omega....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great and much appreciated.

The Spartan
09-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I am not famillar with the HCT program, but if you are looking to put on 23lbs of lean tissue in 6 months, that is a little under 4lbs of muscle a month. I would say not reasonable. Not shooting you down or attacking you, but that is a crap load of muscle to add in a short period of time! If that could be done, I think that we would have bodybuilders weighing 500lbs on stage! What does everyone else think?

10% of 175 = approx 18lbs
10% of 200 = 20lbs
175 - 18 = 157lbs lean mass
200 - 20 = 180lbs lean mass
you would gain 2lbs of fat and 23lbs of lean tissue.

Off Road
09-22-2010, 05:54 PM
If you've been working out for two years, what kinds of gains have you made?
Why do you think you'll make much more rapid gains now?
Certainly a good routine and good nutrition will optimize your gains, but don't expect sudden and huge growth.
And if you truly are a Hardgainer, you might want to look at the three day routine. Recovery is everything to a Hardgainer.

Shadrack
09-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I am not famillar with the HCT program, but if you are looking to put on 23lbs of lean tissue in 6 months, that is a little under 4lbs of muscle a month. I would say not reasonable. Not shooting you down or attacking you, but that is a crap load of muscle to add in a short period of time! If that could be done, I think that we would have bodybuilders weighing 500lbs on stage! What does everyone else think?

10% of 175 = approx 18lbs
10% of 200 = 20lbs
175 - 18 = 157lbs lean mass
200 - 20 = 180lbs lean mass
you would gain 2lbs of fat and 23lbs of lean tissue.

Coming from you and your looks...this is good advice, thanks a million...

Shadrack
09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
If you've been working out for two years, what kinds of gains have you made?
Why do you think you'll make much more rapid gains now?
Certainly a good routine and good nutrition will optimize your gains, but don't expect sudden and huge growth.
And if you truly are a Hardgainer, you might want to look at the three day routine. Recovery is everything to a Hardgainer.

Okay....I will surely consider your thoughts on the 3 days....last bulking season I went from 167 to 185 in 5 months....trimmed back down to 175 and was much thicker....this season I was hoping to ramp up to 200 and maybe trim down to 185....if reasonable. Thanks a million.

The Spartan
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Coming from you and your looks...this is good advice, thanks a million...

You are welcome, we should all try to help each other out on here you know! I would just hate to see you get all ramped up for big gains when they arent realistic! Keep us posted on your results and ask questions! Remember, the only dumb question is the one not asked (well there are a few that kind of dumb to ask! lol)