PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime Meal

SteveW
09-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Just wondering what everyone eats before they call it a night. Also how soon before you go to bed do you eat your last meal of the day?

tom183
09-23-2010, 01:28 AM
I have dinner 2-3 hours before bed. Right before bed I'll have a glass of milk, fish-oil caps and a multi-vitamin.

Focused70
09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Dinner ideally 2 hours before bed.

I'll have a bowl of cottage cheese right before turning in (+ 2 T. olive oil particularly if calories have been low for that day.)

mchicia1
09-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Dinner 3 hours before bed...then a tall glass of milk right before. It puts me right to sleep lol.

The Spartan
09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
my last full meal is at 8pm , i will have 2 scoops of Nitrean and maybe some peanut butter and a multi at 10pm and usually to bed after. The Nitrean has a great mix of proteins for time release while you sleep!! Seens how we usually sleep from 6 to 9 hours, that is a HUGE "fasting" time and having some slower digesting proteins in your system helps to keep nitrogen flowing in the blood! Good stuff, i would incorporate Nitrean in your nutritional intake prior to bed!

mchicia1
09-23-2010, 03:13 PM
my last full meal is at 8pm , i will have 2 scoops of Nitrean and maybe some peanut butter and a multi at 10pm and usually to bed after. The Nitrean has a great mix of proteins for time release while you sleep!! Seens how we usually sleep from 6 to 9 hours, that is a HUGE "fasting" time and having some slower digesting proteins in your system helps to keep nitrogen flowing in the blood! Good stuff, i would incorporate Nitrean in your nutritional intake prior to bed!

Tall glas of milk + Nitrean it is....lol.

J.C.
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Milk plus some cheese and maybe a handful of nuts or some peanut butter.

When I was bulking I'd have a whole pizza about an hour before bed. Embrace the fourth meal.

jtteg_x
09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
if im fighting hunger: ON nitrocore 24 or ALN Opticen w/ milk 1-2 hour prior
not hungry: ALN Nitrean w/milk

rag15
09-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I make a bed time protein shake. I have a little yogurt maker and I use about 10oz of homemade yogurt, couple of strawberries/blackberries, some flax seed oil and mix it all with Casein protein. I have been taking this everyday for over 10 years. My body is so used to it by now that if I skip it before bed, my stomach starts growling.

f=ma
09-25-2010, 06:42 AM
some almonds and protein in water

tenryhamilton
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I know you should not eat carbohydrates before bed. Not caount carbohydrates from vegetables as well? the reason is, I had a lot of sleep problems. I usually do not eat chicken or fish about 9:30 or 22:00. then end up staying in bed for hours and hours? This could be the carbs from vegetables? I just do not eat green vegetables before going to bed ... broccoli, spinach, green beans.

mike mcgee
09-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I have dinner 2-3 hours before bed. Right before bed I'll have a glass of milk, fish-oil caps and a multi-vitamin.

Tom and The Spartan, I am curious about the multi before bed... I never really thought of doing this, but it peaks my interest. Could you explain your reasons and possible benefits?

Off Road
09-29-2010, 01:29 PM
1 cup of cottage cheese
Handful of almonds

tom183
09-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Tom and The Spartan, I am curious about the multi before bed... I never really thought of doing this, but it peaks my interest. Could you explain your reasons and possible benefits?

I have no reason for taking it before bed as opposed to any other time of day. That's just my schedule.

Time+Patience
10-02-2010, 05:33 AM
I cook up 6 whole eggs, throw some salt and pepper on them and have at it. I usually eat that meal within 1 hour of going to bed. Some nights if I'm trying to get in extra calories (which seems to be every night) I eat a few spoons of peanut butter and a glass of milk.

I've been doing this for about 1 week. I like the idea of getting the higher protein and fats right before bed.