PDA

View Full Version : New bench shirt

icedutah
09-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Gonna get a new Inzer 2 ply RageX or a 1 ply Super Katana. Which do you all prefer and why?

douglasoh5
09-23-2010, 03:19 PM
get the rage x

jtteg_x
09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
which federation you plan to compete in? double ply shirt vs single ply shirts are like comparing apples to oranges.

all else aside, I have a single super katana. I got it one size bigger to factor in the super neck and stronger material used. it is definitely NOT a beginners shirt. throughout my weeks of training with it, its the last 1-2" that locks up super tight making it a advanced shirt to use. I personally like my f6. my next shirt will be an f6 with super neck.

robchris
09-23-2010, 06:06 PM
cant really compare 1-ply SK w/ the RageX 2-ply.

The SK is the baddest single ply out there, but you'll definitely lift more w/ a 2-ply X... If your fed allows multi-ply go w/ the rage X

SELK
09-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Ive gotten about the same carryover with each, the rage-x will last way longer though.

icedutah
09-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah it's for APF/SPF meets of coarse. Yeah, I guess I will go with the 2 ply RageX. I like the durability factor of multiply shirts.

Ryano
09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I like the durability factor of multiply shirts.

I've had a single ply SK for 5 years that I've used in numerous meets, including four WABDL Worlds. I most recently used it in a UPA meet for an opener shirt. Still good for an EZ 305Kg opener. The difference between my Titan single ply and multyply shirt lifts is only 2.5Kg. Titan has a much better guarantee than Inzer.

That being said, I have never had a Rage X and many good lifters swear by them as long as it's a 2ply. The SK will give you the option to lift in single ply meets with about the same carryover. Good luck with whatever you chose.

gal 1
10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
can you sey that s/k 1 ply = rageX 2 ply
and haw is the S/k 2ply

AdamBAG
10-01-2010, 08:07 AM
These are just my observations. I've benched 600 in a 2-ply Rage-X and I'm currently training in a Super Katana Single-Ply for a USAPL meet. In training I've benched 535 in the SK so far.

A single-ply of the SK material is thicker than a single layer of Rage-X material. The SK material is thicker than any other single-ply shirt IMO.

The shirts do not have the same groove. In my experience, the best way to touch in the Rage-X is to keep your elbows flared until the shirt really locks up and then tuck to touch (I was taught this technique by Jason Coker). With the SK you want to tuck off the top. I'm guessing that the difference is that the sleeve seam on the SK is "twisted" or not straight and the sleeve seam on the Rage-X is straight.

I find both of the shirts to be pretty supportive behind the triceps and really take the weight when you bring it out. I have heard this is not the case with a Phenom, but I haven't worn one of those.

I do not think it is more or less difficult to touch in either shirt. That said, it isn't easy to touch in a properly fitted bench shirt anyway. When I wear the SK I'm trying to hit the sternum per USAPL rules and when I wear the Rage-X I touch wherever I want per APF/SPF rules. So it's tough to compare the ease of touching as the performance of the lift is slightly different.

I have not worn a 2-ply SK, but Henry Thomason, one of my training partners, does have one. He has never had much luck with it as the SK material is very thick when double layered. We haven't worked much in that shirt though so I won't say that it can't be a good shirt.

The key to shirts though is sticking with one and really learning it. I don't know if you can really form an opinion on shirt until you've won it multiple times and maybe even for an entire training cycle.

I hope that helps.

icedutah
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM
About keeping flared at first then tucking. That sounds like a hard thing to do. I have seen videos of Coker and it's hard to even tell if he is doing this. His stoke is so short like mine that it seems that by the time you flare and go down a few inches it's too late to start tucking.

But I will give it a shot.

gal 1
10-02-2010, 01:18 PM
i had F6 1ply and F6 2ply
the F6 2ply was good and soft comper naw to the RageX 2 play i have
the RageX 2 play is a wanderfol shirt but you mast have a good teknic to lower dawm the bar.
abut the katana i herd she is harder then the RageX