PDA

View Full Version : Titan Velocity Deadlift Suit

Tom Mutaffis
09-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Has anyone here used one? Thoughts or opinions?

They have a standard version and a custom, not sure what the difference is (website just says to call for details).

robchris
09-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Tom,
I've used the Velocity and I'm pretty pleased w/ it... Mine is 1-ply and it has velcro straps that I had added recently. Gives good pop off the floor if you get it tight enough! The velcro is the way to go as you can custom fit the tightness depending on how you want it.
RC

Sean S
09-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I haven't used a Titan DL suit, so I can't comment on that specifically. Usually with the Titan gear the standard version refers to off the shelf sizing and custom is custom made specifically for your measurements.
I will say that I used to have a Metal pro deadlifter for the conventional DL and it was outstanding.

douglasoh5
09-25-2010, 09:58 AM
You cant beat metal when it comes to a dl suit. I dont care what anyone says. metal kills all. Ive been using the same metal pro(not king)dl suit since 2007 and its still money. get 70+lbs out of it.

JK1
09-25-2010, 11:50 AM
I've used one... in the only meet I've bombed in in years. I had big problems with it literally cutting the crap out of the top of my legs as the leg rolled up when I went for the bar.

dammstrate
09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
I had the same problem as JK1.....

mastermonster
09-25-2010, 06:37 PM
I love my Velocity. I like the velcro straps for the same reason stated earlier. I wear it tight but I'm already pretty close to the bar (barely 5'10" and 270ish). I wear a 48 centurion squat suit, a 50 Boss, but a 46 Velocity. With the velcro straps I get to the bar O.K. Great pop off the floor for me. And custom does mean made for you, as opposed to the stock sizes. For my build, the stock suits and shirts have worked well.

P.S. I have 30 inch thighs and the legs of the 46 are not that bad. just take a while to work them over my hams. But worth it. Ken Anderson is a great distributor and awesome at sizing it right. Great customer service with him and lighting fast delivery. Good luck.

JK1
09-25-2010, 06:46 PM
I love my Velocity. I like the velcro straps for the same reason stated earlier. I wear it tight but I'm already pretty close to the bar (barely 5'10" and 270ish). I wear a 48 centurion squat suit, a 50 Boss, but a 46 Velocity. With the velcro straps I get to the bar O.K. Great pop off the floor for me. And custom does mean made for you, as opposed to the stock sizes. For my build, the stock suits and shirts have worked well.

P.S. I have 30 inch thighs and the legs of the 46 are not that bad. just take a while to work them over my hams. But worth it. Ken Anderson is a great distributor and awesome at sizing it right. Great customer service with him and lighting fast delivery. Good luck.

Buddy, I agree totally about Ken Anderson. If you want ANY Titan equipment, Ken is the go to person. If he can't help you, no one can.