PDA

View Full Version : calling all JACKSONVILLE, NC fellows

gmen5681
09-27-2010, 06:23 AM
does anyone know where there is a half way decent gym more geared towards powerlifting goals? im currently lifting at golds, which is fine for the time being but i would really like to get into a better gym that is more focused on my goals.

Tom Mutaffis
09-28-2010, 02:55 PM
does anyone know where there is a half way decent gym more geared towards powerlifting goals? im currently lifting at golds, which is fine for the time being but i would really like to get into a better gym that is more focused on my goals.

Would you be willing to drive to New Bern once or twice per week for your power workouts? I believe there is a gym there that could meet your needs.

gmen5681
09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
are you talking about the gym that is on plwatch?

Tom Mutaffis
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
are you talking about the gym that is on plwatch?

Not sure; there is a gym there that used to be a Lowes or Home Depot and they host a strongman contest there every year. The name of the contest is "The Rage" and I will try to find the information on the gym.

gmen5681
09-29-2010, 03:22 PM
i cant seem to find any gym in new bern. there is one that keeps coming up for RAGE but its in norfolk VA. any info you could find out for me would be greatly appreciated.

i found some info on the strongman event RAGE but it all linked back to a golds gym.