PDA

View Full Version : help needed with f6 desperate

power16
09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
hi there im following westside training i bench about 170 kg raw but cant get any more than 30kg out of my shirt . Can you give me any tips on putting on the shirt how it should look and where the seems should run any advice i would be very gratefull many thanks

ct67_72
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I had trained in a f6 for a while. Is it a stock shirt with a regular collar?
I liked to get my sleeve seam as far to the outside of the tricep as possible and just get the collar as far down as you can.
I eventually sent it out and had it tailored with a scoop neck and reinforced and I got maybe an aditional 20lbs out of it. If I remember correctly it was near 100lbs. so that doesnt sound too far off, oh and how many plies is it? mine was a double.

power16
09-29-2010, 12:59 PM
its single ply shirt i have read that you need the seem between your bicep and tricep just wondered if anyone has tried twisting the sleaves on f6

Ryano
09-29-2010, 07:07 PM
If you are only getting 30Kg out of the shirt, I assume the shirt is way to big for you. It would be impossible to tell if you are wearing the shirt correctly without a video of you with the shirt on and your lift(technique). Technique makes a huge difference on the carryover.

power16
09-30-2010, 03:31 AM
its a size 44 tried a size 42 couldn get it no where near to fitting me im a 90kg lifter . Thanks for your help . i just wondered if there was a certain way to put the shirt on i cant help thinking i should get more than 25/ 30 kg out of the shirt

douglasoh5
09-30-2010, 03:45 AM
weight really doesnt matter with shirts its all measurments. how big are your arms and chest? When I wore an f6 I wore a 44 and had like a 48 chest. If you were having problems with the 42 try using plastic bags to get the arms to slide up easier

power16
09-30-2010, 06:17 AM
my arms are 17 inches and my chest is 44 the i use bags the 42 was never going on

Ryano
09-30-2010, 06:28 AM
You can increase the support of the shirt by rotating the sleeves so the sleeve seam comes up the outside of the tricept and pull the collar down lower.

power16
09-30-2010, 06:37 AM
ok thanks ryano so the seam would be between the bottom of my bicep and bottom of my tricep .

Ryano
09-30-2010, 09:52 AM
ok thanks ryano so the seam would be between the bottom of my bicep and bottom of my tricep .

Yes, on the outside of the arm. Make sure you pull the collar down too. If it's closed back, you may need someone to pull up on the back while you pull the front collar down.

jtteg_x
09-30-2010, 01:36 PM
its single ply shirt i have read that you need the seem between your bicep and tricep just wondered if anyone has tried twisting the sleaves on f6

my partner does this all the time to torque the sleeves. it mimics the design of the katana slightly. it supposedly gives more support on the arms and pop off the bottom. I never tried it myself.

When you put the shirt on, once the sleeve pasts your elbows, dont pull it more any back. Have someone pull the back of the neck up while someone in front pulls your pecs out and collar down. THEN go back and pull the sleeves back accordingly. Wear a belt if needed (keep in mind its gonna hold the shirt down thus tougher to touch). It's a lot of trial & error and what each lifter prefers.

edit: doh. im blind and didnt read ryano's post above

robchris
09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
1-ply shirts have to be super tight bro... More so than a multi-ply shirt.

It should take you 5 or more minutes to get into the shirt w/ help to get the most out of it. If you're 44" in the chest and 17" arms you're a cadidate for a custom shirt.
Contact Ken Anderson @ Anderson Powerlifting and have your shirt modified to fit your measurements. Hes the best w/ Titan gear and you'll get a lot more out of your current shirt w/o having to buy a new one!
Good luck, RC

isaku900
10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
1-ply shirts have to be super tight bro... More so than a multi-ply shirt.

It should take you 5 or more minutes to get into the shirt w/ help to get the most out of it. If you're 44" in the chest and 17" arms you're a cadidate for a custom shirt.
Contact Ken Anderson @ Anderson Powerlifting and have your shirt modified to fit your measurements. Hes the best w/ Titan gear and you'll get a lot more out of your current shirt w/o having to buy a new one!
Good luck, RC

the shirt is too big.

I wear a size 48 F6 with a 50" chest. Yours is only two sizes smaller than mine with a 6" smaller chest. Get a tighter shirt.

mastermonster
10-02-2010, 12:24 PM
the shirt is too big.

I wear a size 48 F6 with a 50" chest. Yours is only two sizes smaller than mine with a 6" smaller chest. Get a tighter shirt.

I agree with Rob and with this. 17 inch arms at a 44 inch chest are quite big. I am 270ish with just under 19 inch relaxed arms. My chest 3 years ago was 54" at 300 lbs. and I wore a 50 F6 and 50 Katana. I get over 200 lbs. carryover from this. But keep in mind I have a very short and efficient bench stroke with my short arms and setup (<4 inches raw and about 6 inches shirted). If you have a really long stroke it will limit how tight you can wear a shirt.

If it is (and probably is) your larger arms keeping you from getting in the 42; order (for example a 40 or 42 chest with 44 arms). As mentioned call Ken Anderson (Titan Distributor). He can get you fitted right better than anyone I know and has very fast delivery and great customer service. Good luck!

power16
10-04-2010, 04:01 AM
cheers guys for all your input think your right had a comp yesterday pressed 202.5k thats about 32kg carryover there there is alot more to come yet though im gonna order a 42 with 44 arms thanks for all your replies

power16
01-09-2011, 03:31 AM
when twisting the sleeves to get more pop do you twist clockwise or anti cheers guys

Ryano
01-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Twist so the outside seam comes up toward the top of the arm. This will also allow the collard to be pulled down lower.