PDA

View Full Version : One year progress - from fit to skinnyfat

CleverName
09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I've fallen off the bandwagon. I no longer like lifting... I just don't care anymore. :(

For reference I've taken comparison pictures from when I was in my prime to where I am now (I haven't lifted seriously in over a year). I'm the same weight, just the muscle weight I've lost has been replaced with fat loss. I think it might be of some interest to folks here.

Will I ever lift again? I don't know... :drooling:

chevelle2291
09-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I've fallen off the bandwagon. I no longer like lifting... I just don't care anymore. :(

For reference I've taken comparison pictures from when I was in my prime to where I am now (I haven't lifted seriously in over a year). I'm the same weight, just the muscle weight I've lost has been replaced with fat loss. I think it might be of some interest to folks here.

Will I ever lift again? I don't know... :drooling:

Jesus man, that before shot looks great!

Why don't you care for lifting anymore?

CleverName
09-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Can't say exactly why... I just... don't care... about anything :cry:

method115
10-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Can't say exactly why... I just... don't care... about anything :cry:

I've been lifting for about 6 years now and I fell into a rut as well. Lifting just got insanely boring and I didn't see it as fun anymore. My body looked great I was comfortable with my weight I just wanted to maintain thats it. Having no goals made the whole thing seem like a burden.

Anyways long story short I found some other physical activities that could spark the flame again. I joined a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym and I'm back to lifting and even working on my cardio really hard which I've never done before. I actually don't lift weights nearly as much because my body is so exhausted from everything else that I over train easily.

mchicia1
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Jesus dude

brihead301
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
You did look more cut before, but you honestly don't look that bad now. You just look like a normal, non-weight lifter. You don't wanna train, no biggie....you may get the motivation back one day. If not, no sweat.

chevelle2291
10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Jesus dude

lmfao idk why but this post made me laugh so hard.

camelCaseSucks
10-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeesh. I am prone to this kind of thing myself, sometimes for long periods of time.

I don't know if these links will help but I hope so.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/overtraining-and-overreaching-results-part-1.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/overtraining-and-overreaching-results-part-2.html

Also, if you can be bothered (8 longass sections):
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/overtraining-overreaching-and-all-the-rest-part-1.html

mchicia1
10-15-2010, 02:29 PM
lmfao idk why but this post made me laugh so hard.

Lmfao...I didn't have much to add but that was my first reaction when I saw the pics. Lot of hard work was lost but yeah if you don't care or enjoy it anymore its pretty tough to force it.

dedsqtbnch
11-12-2010, 08:21 PM
yea i get like that some times thats why i ant where i could be but now im dead on and plan when i take breaks like in april when gears of war 3 comes out thats 2 weeks no lifting lol