PDA

View Full Version : 10-4-10...DL *video*

Brian Hopper
10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm planning on doing a meet on November 7th so I wanted to get an idea of where im at on my deadlift. I wanted to finish my 2nd cycle of 5/3/1 and then see whats up. I do realize that I need to do more rack pulls and go back to my old way of pulling.

GvXBf7Zi2dc

NickAus
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
To pull a max after all the reps is impressive ( I know because I tried last week and was 30lb under my best).

I think you are right on track for a PR brother!!

Brian Hopper
10-04-2010, 08:34 PM
To pull a max after all the reps is impressive ( I know because I tried last week and was 30lb under my best).

I think you are right on track for a PR brother!!

Thanks Nick!!!

I didn't even think about that. My main focus was to just finish my 2nd cycle of 5/3/1.

Brian C
10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Great pulls Bri! Definate PR coming up

ScottYard
10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
You are also in the thick of a hard cycle so you aren't at max performance. Deload and recover for the meet and you'll be fine. I don't do any singles for my squat or pull with 531. The rep workouts beat you up and a few weeks of deloading are needed prior to taking a max.

Lones Green
10-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Great work Brian!

Brian Hopper
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Great pulls Bri! Definate PR coming up

Thanks Brian, I sure hope so!!!! I wouldn't mind pulling more raw then my best geared pull.

You are also in the thick of a hard cycle so you aren't at max performance. Deload and recover for the meet and you'll be fine. I don't do any singles for my squat or pull with 531. The rep workouts beat you up and a few weeks of deloading are needed prior to taking a max.

Good point Scott. This is only my second cycle of 5/3/1 and since I didn't have a alot of time to really train for this meet I decided to just finish week 3 and do some singles.

Great work Brian!

Thanks alot Lones!!!!!

robchris
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Strong pulling brian! Looks like a PR real soon!

Brian Hopper
10-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Strong pulling brian! Looks like a PR real soon!

Thanks!!!

Dave Schwab
10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Looking strong Brian! I'd typically start cutting back on the volume the rest of the way, maybe another 1 or 2 weeks of heavy singles, but this week probably gave you a good idea of an opener, which is what you're looking for when pulling straight weight from the floor this close. I usually shift to pin pulls and pulls against bands heading into a meet., You should be right on track for a nice PR, quite an accomplishment given the hands issues you've been battling.

Brian Hopper
10-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Looking strong Brian! I'd typically start cutting back on the volume the rest of the way, maybe another 1 or 2 weeks of heavy singles, but this week probably gave you a good idea of an opener, which is what you're looking for when pulling straight weight from the floor this close. I usually shift to pin pulls and pulls against bands heading into a meet., You should be right on track for a nice PR, quite an accomplishment given the hands issues you've been battling.

Thanks alot Dave for the tips!!!! I probably won't do any type of pulling next week because of my hand.