PDA

View Full Version : Results and paresthesia (Itchy skin)

Beavereater
10-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Got my Results along with everything else today. Many thanks!

I remembered reading the forums about paresthesia and that some people experience this with Results. I took my first dose of Results and after about 30 minutes or so felt itchy'ish. I already had a rash from something completely unrelated and I felt 'more itchy' in on that part. The feeling lasted a bit longer than I liked just because I was unsure. How exactly does it do this? And more importantly, does this go away with time? Will regular use bring down the sensitivity to the ingredient? I don't mind the feeling if it's 'normal'.

The last time I used Results I believe was with the early batches. I remember Results being easier to dissolve in water. This mix seems 'stronger' in the way it's made. Is this just me or has it actually changed?

chris mason
10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
New blend. What you are feeling is normal and may decrease over time with use.

Tom Mutaffis
10-08-2010, 01:44 PM

I remembered reading the forums about paresthesia and that some people experience this with Results. I took my first dose of Results and after about 30 minutes or so felt itchy'ish. I already had a rash from something completely unrelated and I felt 'more itchy' in on that part. The feeling lasted a bit longer than I liked just because I was unsure. How exactly does it do this? And more importantly, does this go away with time? Will regular use bring down the sensitivity to the ingredient? I don't mind the feeling if it's 'normal'.

The last time I used Results I believe was with the early batches. I remember Results being easier to dissolve in water. This mix seems 'stronger' in the way it's made. Is this just me or has it actually changed?

The tingling sensation is from Beta Alanine, with many people that effect diminishes over time. Another way to lessen the effect would be to simply take your Results with a meal or with food in your stomach.

Results was reformulated last year and the amount of dextrose was dropped from 80g down to 50g and the flavoring was changed, but all of the active ingredients remain the same.

Flabs
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM

When I first started using b-Alanine, the itching was almost unbearable. After a couple of days, it decreased to a slight annoying sensation that lasted roughly an hour or two, and now after three weeks I don't get it at all anymore.

Beavereater
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Taking it with a meal didn't help but in it has diminished in feeling to the point I can ignore it. I think by this time next week it'll be gone.

Tom Mutaffis
10-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Taking it with a meal didn't help but in it has diminished in feeling to the point I can ignore it. I think by this time next week it'll be gone.

You could also break the serving up into two smaller servings or sip on it slowly, but then that could defeat the purpose of the dextrose (insulin spike).

The Spartan
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
interesting, never got any symptoms like itching or tingling.. Great product though! Great flavor and results (no pun intended)

Beavereater
10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
The feeling is now gone

Tom Mutaffis
10-29-2010, 12:18 PM
The feeling is now gone

How is the Results working for you?

Beavereater
11-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Lifting heavy, losing weight. I like it.

I have to say though, I like my ETS more. Ever since taking ETS my sleep has been so good and DOMS are far more managable meaning faster recovery and more intense training the next gym session. I can't compare a before and after as far as the Results because I started back at the gym at the same time. I'm not stopping though...it's part of my morning routine now.