PDA

View Full Version : Using my new HD blast

jaco1159
10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey guys,
I just got my first bench shirt, I took inzers advice and added 2" to my shoulder width to get my shirt size. I put the shirt on twice before using it to hopefully stretch it out a bit. When I benched with it I got cuts (almost like a rug burn) under and on the back of my armpits. Rather than just bruising, as I expected would happen, there is actually scabs. Just wondering if this is normal for a first time use. Also, I really didn't do much more than my touch and go raw bench (if any at all). This is why I'm wondering if i need to do something different. Just to clarify, this is a single ply HD blast 52" and it fits pretty tight. Thanks for any help or advice!

Sean S
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
The cuts in the armpits aren't that unusual with those shirts. A blast shirt also isn't going to give you very much added poundage over your raw bench. You'll have to get a much better shirt to get a big boost in poundage over your raw bench.

jaco1159
10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
The cuts in the armpits aren't that unusual with those shirts. A blast shirt also isn't going to give you very much added poundage over your raw bench. You'll have to get a much better shirt to get a big boost in poundage over your raw bench.

Thanks a lot man, yeah that's what i figured, i thought it was a good first shirt to learn the groove of a bench shirt. Any suggestions for a shirt to compete in? I'm looking to maybe stir away from inzer, obviously there are many good options out there, singly ply only also.

Sean S
10-10-2010, 02:35 PM
For a beginner any of the newer shirts by inzer, titan, or metal would be fine. The rage or rage x from inzer, f-6 or fury from titan, or any of the metal single ply shirts would be better than what you are using now. The problem with the blast shirts is that they are so weak they don't really teach you how to bench in a shirt. With the better shirts, you have to learn something resembling decent technique to get them to work. I wouldn't necessarily recommend one of the better shirts if you don't have someone nearby who can help you in and out of the shirt, spot you, and most importantly teach you the proper technique of how to use the shirt.