PDA

View Full Version : Peanut butter oatmeal

blackmetal
10-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, I recently discovered oatmeal. I bought a 2kg package a couple weeks ago from Costco, and I was planning on opening it after Thanksgiving. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I tried the recipe I found which has: 1 cup of oatmeal and 2 cups of water into a bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes; then mix in two teaspoons of peanut butter, and a 40g scoop of protein powder. It was good, and I can definitely see myself eating this on a regular basis for my 10am snack.

I'm just curious if having the peanut butter in there will have long-term fat storing tendencies. Is this recipe fine the way it is for getting lean? Should I modify it at all?

Will

Mercuryblade
10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Fat in foods =/= fat in body.

More important is your overall caloric intake for the day, your body needs fat for various functions, so you need to eat some. It's not when, or how, but rather "how much" that you should be worried about. Two teaspoons of peanut butter is not anything to worry about, nor is it going to remotely supply you anywhere close to how much fat you need to get in on a daily basis.

The Spartan
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey guys, I recently discovered oatmeal. I bought a 2kg package a couple weeks ago from Costco, and I was planning on opening it after Thanksgiving. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I tried the recipe I found which has: 1 cup of oatmeal and 2 cups of water into a bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes; then mix in two teaspoons of peanut butter, and a 40g scoop of protein powder. It was good, and I can definitely see myself eating this on a regular basis for my 10am snack.

I'm just curious if having the peanut butter in there will have long-term fat storing tendencies. Is this recipe fine the way it is for getting lean? Should I modify it at all?

Will

you could also add some berries (strawberries, blueberries or rasperries or even apples) to the mix too! Makes it taste even better!

Long term fast stroing tendencies? what do you mean by this?
Getting lean, do you mean for contest or just leaning out a bit?

blackmetal
10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I could try adding berries, but I'm saving that to pair with Greek Liberte plain yogurt from Costco for dessert in the evening. There is 20g protein and 6g carbs in a serving of that yogurt!

I want to lean out, so I was hoping the peanut butter would not inhibit fat loss.

Will