PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Pull

basbolstar
10-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey guys,

I was doing deads the other day and was feeling fantastic. I was doing high reps with 405 and on the last rep felt a a bad pull. It hurts when I turn and bend down. I know its not a disc. It is in the lower right part of my back. Any exercise or advice on how to get back on track?

Thanks!

jtteg_x
10-13-2010, 03:41 PM
it would be best to go see your doctor / physician. in the mean time, ice it and sit in the hot tub if you have access to one. ibuprofen has been helping me with lower back pain as well.

ScottYard
10-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Foam roll and rest. Ice and nsaids in between.

Travis Bell
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Maybe you put a rib out?

joey54
10-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Stretching more usually never hurts. See what the doc says.

elilliebridge
10-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I think you should quit doing the reps with the deadlifts....i've learned from my own expierence that doing deadlifts for reps just beats up my lower back way too much and i also tore my hamstring my first time doing deadlifts for reps. Ever since then i've never done deadlifts for reps and i've stuck to pulling heavy singles for my cycles and that's what's really got my deadlift strong. I figure i build enough strength and muscle from doing heavy squats for reps (usually no more than 5 reps on a top heavy set) that it's not needed for deadlifts. If you have access to a reverse hyper machine.. i would definitely use it. It would help flush out your lower back and get some blood in areas you can't really hit with other exercises.

robchris
10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
it would be best to go see your doctor / physician. in the mean time, ice it and sit in the hot tub if you have access to one. ibuprofen has been helping me with lower back pain as well.

Agreed... Rest and ice first. Later i'd use a heat-pad or similar heat. As stated above, watch the heavy reps on the DL. Once I get above 70-80% 1rm range I only pull singles. Form tends to break-down w/ heavier weight & reps, esp. w/ the DL and thats how you can get injuried.

theBarzeen
10-16-2010, 03:21 PM
if it is mid back I'd say a rib..... lower back I have no idea........ ICE, rest, ice, glutamine, more ice, and a doctor