PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out dairy for awhile?

berfles
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
How long would I have to cut dairy out of my diet to see if it's the source of stomach bloating? I can't tell if it's from all the milk and crap I consume or if I have a bunch of visceral fat I should be tending to. When I relax, my stomach sticks out a good bit and seems to be worse now that I've added another dairy product to my list.

chevelle2291
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
How long would I have to cut dairy out of my diet to see if it's the source of stomach bloating? I can't tell if it's from all the milk and crap I consume or if I have a bunch of visceral fat I should be tending to. When I relax, my stomach sticks out a good bit and seems to be worse now that I've added another dairy product to my list.

I'd say a week or so, maybe less.

I get soooo much bloat when consuming lots of dairy, its ridiculous. Same issue as you, I get GH gut when relaxed, but still have abs visible haha.

You could maybe try some dandelion root to get rid of some bloat also? I've heard that it's a solid diuretic, but I'm not an expert in this subject so who knows.

berfles
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd say a week or so, maybe less.

I get soooo much bloat when consuming lots of dairy, its ridiculous. Same issue as you, I get GH gut when relaxed, but still have abs visible haha.

You could maybe try some dandelion root to get rid of some bloat also? I've heard that it's a solid diuretic, but I'm not an expert in this subject so who knows.

Thanks, glad to hear I'm not the only one. I actually thought I was lactose intolerant there for awhile, but it's getting extremely annoying. I also still have abs as you can see in my avatar, but I look almost pregnant when I relax. I was worried it was visceral fat, and if that was the case, I'd probably start trying to fix it now. Thought I'd cut milk out first though.

I'll check up on that dandelion root too. My only worry is what I'm going to mix my shakes with, water blows with protein shakes. Lots of calories lost without dairy products too. maybe I could just try cutting the intake in half to see if that helps at all.

Behemoth
10-16-2010, 08:04 PM
its fat. sorry.

chevelle2291
10-17-2010, 12:44 AM
its fat. sorry.

I'm waiting for the day that you sprinkle a little bit of this on a response.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cookie/CookiePhotos/PowderedSugar2.jpg

:p

Daniel Roberts
10-19-2010, 02:06 AM
My only worry is what I'm going to mix my shakes with, water blows with protein shakes. Lots of calories lost without dairy products too.

Use half water and half coconut milk, lots of calories and tastes amazing.

The Spartan
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Use half water and half coconut milk, lots of calories and tastes amazing.

Could also try soy milk. The whole estrogen thing is a bunch of rotten balony! I have been using soy milk and it comes in original, chocolate and vanilla! I get the organic vanilla! Has 7 grams of protien per serving, granted it isnt complete protien, but it does have its bennifits!

The Spartan
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Could also try soy milk. The whole estrogen thing is a bunch of rotten balony! I have been using soy milk and it comes in original, chocolate and vanilla! I get the organic vanilla! Has 7 grams of protien per serving, granted it isnt complete protien, but it does have its bennifits!

Also there is almond milk! pretty tasty stuff too!

berfles
10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
How much does coconut milk cost? I go through a ton of milk.

Mercuryblade
10-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Also there is almond milk! pretty tasty stuff too!

Super tasty but nutritionally worthless. I was bummed when I read the label and realized it has about 2g of protein per serving.

The Spartan
10-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Super tasty but nutritionally worthless. I was bummed when I read the label and realized it has about 2g of protein per serving.

Almonds themselves dont have much protein, so almond milk woundnt either, but the protein in there is incomplete anyway. Almonds have great clean fat, and so does the milk, so its not nutritionally worthless, you just have to know what your looking for or what you want to get out of it.

J.C.
10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm intrigued, what's almond milk? Is it like almond butter but with the solids removed?