PDA

View Full Version : knee sleeves and elbow sleeves

BoAnderson71
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I do strongman training and I am looking for some good knee sleeves and elbow sleeves. Sleeves that I can wear when deadlifting, ohp etc. but also can wear on my events day. I need to be comfortable and be able to do moving events in them. What would you guys suggest. I've looked into elitefts sleeves but don't want to pull the trigger and buy them without researching first.

Tom Mutaffis
10-19-2010, 07:41 AM
I do strongman training and I am looking for some good knee sleeves and elbow sleeves. Sleeves that I can wear when deadlifting, ohp etc. but also can wear on my events day. I need to be comfortable and be able to do moving events in them. What would you guys suggest. I've looked into elitefts sleeves but don't want to pull the trigger and buy them without researching first.

I would not recommend the EliteFTS sleeves.

The best knee sleeves that you can get are the old style blue rehband sleeves, they are a bit expensive but are worth the price. You can purchase them from Jackal's Gym. If you are looking for something more economical then I would recommend Tommy Kono sleeves - they are about half the price and are made from 5mm neoprene so they still provide some good heat/compression. Just stay away from the grey/black rehbands.

For elbow sleeves I would go with cloth sleeves from APT, the NanoFlex from Dino's Gym (heard good things but have not tried them), or neoprene sleeves like the ones above. A lot of it comes down to personal preference.

Cmanuel
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
I have APT knee and elbow sleeves and like them a lot, although I have some cheapo neoprene knee sleeves that I use for strongman days. The cloth APT sleeves on my knees are a bit restrictive for moving events.

I second not getting EliteFTS sleeves. I've heard bad things about them including funky sizing issues.

StLRPh
10-19-2010, 01:01 PM
I second not getting EliteFTS sleeves. I've heard bad things about them including funky sizing issues.

I have Elite's Knee sleeves and I like them but the sizing is very subjective. If you're willing to ship them back if they don't fit right you might consider them. They are also pretty tight and somewhat restrictive.

I also have APT sleeves and Inzer XT's and I much prefer them to the Elite's.

Ryan Bracewell
10-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Depending on why you want sleeves I would recommend either the Blue Rehband or APT sleeves(red and black stripe ones). I use the APT sleeves on almost everything, but only use the rehband when I'm training in the cold or where then inside out on my shins when I do deadlift.

Tom Mutaffis
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Just to elaborate on my previous post I have used APT sleeves for years and definitely recommend them.

I use APT double ply 'Convict' knee sleeves for heavy squatting or static events, and blue rehband or TK sleeves for general warmth. For elbow sleeves I usually use the APT 'Heavy Duty' (black/red) sleeves.

BoAnderson71
10-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks Tom. Did you get my Facebook message?

Tom Mutaffis
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks Tom. Did you get my Facebook message?

I just checked my messages and saw yours, will write back tomorrow.