PDA

View Full Version : Check out my squat guys

saschadergrosse
10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlI_iFQGstI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlI_iFQGstI Can you see the vid?

I'm not happy about my butt wiggling especially in the last rep.
I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Keith
10-19-2010, 10:19 AM
It looks fine, but the weight is too light to critique any weaknesses. Drive those elbows forward, though, to maintain upper back tightness and upright positioning.

saschadergrosse
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Thank you for answering Keith. I've read about forcing the elbows forward in another thread over here and tried to do it, but somehow it hurt my shoulders.
Could this be the case because of insufficient flexibility? Or should I just keep trying to do it over and over again until its comfortable for me?

Sean S
10-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Thank you for answering Keith. I've read about forcing the elbows forward in another thread over here and tried to do it, but somehow it hurt my shoulders.
Could this be the case because of insufficient flexibility? Or should I just keep trying to do it over and over again until its comfortable for me?

It's not necessarily about forcing them forward, but the attempt to push them forward. For most people, the attempt to push the elbows forward causes them to arch their upper back more and keeps you in a better position. Don't push your elbows forward so much you hurt your shoulders, just try to push them forward until you feel your upper back arch hard.

Keith
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM

Yeah, don't expect them to be perpendicular to the floor, but the idea is to force your elbows forward as much as you can. This SHOULD be uncomfortable. Also, the wider your grip the more difficult it will be to drive them forward.

saschadergrosse
10-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Aaah okay thank you both guys! That helped me alot. Im going to put it into practice right away in todays squat session.