PDA

View Full Version : ThomasG's 3 favorite products to cure a sweet tooth without breaking the diet.

ThomasG
10-19-2010, 11:22 AM
An article from my blog I'd like to share with WBB

You never know when it is going to strike. There I was sitting at my desk getting some work done on a perfectly normal Tuesday morning I'd already had breakfast everything was just peachy and fantastic. As soon as I diverted from my work BAM! My sweet tooth came in. This was in March and at this time of the year I am watching my nutrition very closely striving to lean out for the warm months just around the corner. Sometimes that sweet tooth comes in so hard I don't think about getting lean or my fitness goals I just want to get some sweets in me and fast! Now, of course I have found a solution to this problem over the years. No one gets anywhere sabatoging themselves. Dieting doesn't have to be miserable with 6 egg whites and a grapefruit for every meal. Below I will share my 3 favorite products to cure a sweet tooth without breaking the diet.

Dreyer's fruit bars

http://mytrainer.webs.com/100_1728.JPG

With 25 calories O Grams of fat and 4 grams of carbohydrates per bar these refreshing treats will hardly set you back and are packed with real fruits and juices, and are an excellent source of Vitamin C.

Breyer's carb smart Ice cream

http://mytrainer.webs.com/100_1727.JPG

This is a godsend for low carb dieters who love chocolate and ice cream. With a Macro nutrient breakdown of 110 calories 5 Grams of carbs 7 Grams of fat this ice cream will keeps lots of sugar out of your diet as opposed to regular ice cream which is more often closer to 20G of sugar per serving(1/2cup). In moderation this is a great product to curb your sweet tooth over traditional ice cream.

The Novus Bar

http://mytrainer.webs.com/100_1733.JPG

I could not tell you how many times these have saved me when I am in a bind. Whether I slept in too late or if I just wanted something sweet the novus bar has kept me on track with my nutrition goals over and over again. With a macro nutrient breakdown of 338 calories, 3 grams of carbs 6 grams of fat and a whopping 36 grams of protein these make for a great guilty free treat loaded with protein.

Joe Black
10-21-2010, 04:06 AM
Obviously I use Novus bars, but I have never tried carb free ice cream!

How does it taste?

ThomasG
10-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Daniel I think it tastes great! I can't really notice the difference between it and regular ice cream. That may be because I haven't had regular ice cream in a long time though. And they fruit bars are really good to! I prefer them over crystal light Popsicles.

Bergs
10-21-2010, 01:08 PM
How high is the HFCS in the fruit bars?

DavyRen
10-21-2010, 02:40 PM
When hungry i've started snacking on jelly instead of crisps and biscuits, it would appear over the last few weeks to be working wonders

Behemoth
10-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Crystal light has saved my days on diets countless times.

Travi-D
10-23-2010, 08:58 AM
i dont really have much of a sweet tooth, most everyone in my family is diabetic so there wasnt sweets in the house, but i do have those same fruit bars.
they are good and i use them for snacks when my kids ask for cookies or other junk.
i do like the novus bars as well!