PDA

View Full Version : Dave Tate on human potential

Keith
10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
This is an older CrossFit video but I came across it on Youtube and decided to post it because Dave is always good for a laugh. Everything he explains is very direct and entertaining. He always has my attention when he speaks. LOL @ 9:00.

R7WUHVA9lqE&feature=related

vdizenzo
10-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Dave is such an interesting cat. I could listen to him read the phone book. He'd have an interesting take on it.

dynamo
10-21-2010, 09:22 AM
lol i've watched this video 4 or 5 times now. I am happy to say I follow his philosophy on human potential always have and have yet to be disappointed :)

robchris
10-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Daves vids are always entertaining... And hes usually spot-on in a lot of his observations IMO...

Flipping the ace card was a good analogy ref. to anabolics discussion.

salsa45
10-22-2010, 11:49 PM
There are several gold nuggets in that video. The ones that I got:

-People who truly achieve their goals and pursue what they are passionate about get locked in on it: Everything outside of this goal ceases to matter and they just focus in like a laser. They are on the warpath and they will not be stopped. Awesome mentality for achieving large goals in life.

-Most people never reach, or even find out, their true potential in anything in life. They get discouraged and give up for whatever reasons. Psychology can be powerful for increasing the ability to achieve.

-Steroids will bump you up one level, but that's it. If you're a joker in the gym trying to "see your biceps", get on the internet and train smarter, don't use steroids. If you're at an elite level and you can genuinely benefit/top out your competition, then using can make sense.

teeroy
10-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Could you imagine if politicians spoke like that - what they belive to be the truth...and made sense while doing it. Ha, there's a first for everthing.

I really like his view on younger kids as I've done some reading that with coaching my daughter's and now son's sports. It is very true that younger kids that haven't matured yet and seem a little awkard on the field when compared to those that have matured more may, and many times to, become better athletes once they mature. The problem is the elite groups that are formed these days such as select soccer that push kids out of the system before they are given a chance to mature and develop their full potential. It is amazing how many pro ahtletes never played their sport until late in highschool because they weren't any good at it before they matured and their genetics kicked in. My guess is that many more are lost by not making the "A" team at a younger age and then ultimately giving up the sport.