PDA

View Full Version : Tricep Tendon Recovery Question

banger
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm coming off a tricep tendon injury (up near the elbow), and I was wondering what experience any of you have
had with that type of injury, from rehabing, to stretching, to reintroducing load back on it. It's been a long process
(couple of months of PT), and I'm just starting to do some free weight work on it now, but keeping things stretched
out and warmed up has been the hardest to keep the pain and popping out of it when doing activity.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Thanks for any insight, I was getting ready to try my hand at using a
shirt, and this has kind of put a damper on that little project. :)

Kim

theBarzeen
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I tweaked the heck out of the tendon that runs from the long head of the tricep through the inner elbow ( if that makes sense )

for me it just took a few weeks of ice, high rep and low weight movements with a full ROM, and patience.. I tweaked mine in my shirt trying to touch a weight with my shirt too jacked, felt like it could have let go in my forearm. Because of that I also threw in a lot of forearm work with high reps. While benching it helped me to try to push my hands inward instead of spreading the bar like I normally do, just to keep the load off of the elbow as much as possible......... it sounds like your injury was a little more serious though. Good luck with a speedy recovery.

mastermonster
10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Mines inflamed a little now. Ice and an adjustable compression band along with ibuprofen is helping. But also, it sounds like your's is worse than what I'm dealing with. Good luck with it.

Tom Mutaffis
10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Kim,

One of my training partners had a triceps tear and has since rehabilitated it, I will reach out to him to see if he can offer any insight.

It was a slow process but as long as you are patient and train smart you should be back at full strength within a few months.

banger
10-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I really appreciate it. Things are better then they were, as two months ago, I couldn't get my arm to straighten fully (more like 135 degrees). I thought I was going to have to get a doctor's note to give to the judges that I couldn't fully lockout anymore. :) That's gone now, so it's just a matter of stretching/strengthening/icing (I hope).