PDA

View Full Version : Atlas stone pr last night

BigTallOx
10-27-2010, 10:44 AM
I finally racked Van Hatfields second stone to 54". Its not that it's all that heavy but his stones are so powdery it basically makes tacky useless, so they're really hard for their weight.

pcB0t4MLgww

Kiff
10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Well done :) Looks like you almost knocked the stand over at one point! Great Effort!

ThomasG
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
haha you're so much bigger than everyone Brian. Congrats on the PR. Are you going to the Push/Pull in December?

BigTallOx
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
haha you're so much bigger than everyone Brian. Congrats on the PR.

Thanks. Hmm, taller yeah, but I believe Van ( white t-shirt and black hat in the video ) weighs a little more than I do.

Are you going to the Push/Pull in December?

I've thought about doing it but deadlift only. I haven't been focusing on increasing my bench since switching to strongman so there's really no point in benching at the meet. But then I think $50 is a lot just to deadlift. So I'm not sure, maybe. How about you?

NickAus
10-28-2010, 12:12 AM
That is easy for someone with your height advantage......j/k.

Nice work!!

BigTallOx
10-28-2010, 06:22 AM
That is easy for someone with your height advantage......j/k.

Nice work!!

Hahaha, yeah it's kind of weird to think that my height is actually an advantage for something related to lifting because it's definitely not for things like benching and squatting. But I think I'm just now getting strong enough with the stones that I'll be able to use my height as and advantage ( you still have to be strong enough to lift the stone, lol ).

Tom Mutaffis
10-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Nice job, way to fight through at the end.

What was the weight of the stone?

BigTallOx
10-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice job, way to fight through at the end.

What was the weight of the stone?

Thanks. It's 310. I've done heavier but not to 54", and his stones are hard for their weight at least they are for me. They're so powdery tacky is pretty useless with them.

Brian Hopper
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Nice job BTO!!!!

Tom Mutaffis
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks. It's 310. I've done heavier but not to 54", and his stones are hard for their weight at least they are for me. They're so powdery tacky is pretty useless with them.

I know what you mean; lifting stones is a lot different than lifting a barbell or dumbbell because you have factors like the weather conditions, finish of the stone, and tacky.

Keep up the good work!