PDA

View Full Version : Chicken, Chicken, Chicken

MusicForMuscles
10-28-2010, 02:34 PM
So earlier in the summer I had started an intense diet when I was trying to shred up a little bit. Pretty much all I ate for 5-6 days per week was grilled chicken breasts, broccoli, and raw almonds.

The first week or two were the hardest, because I seemed to be pretty low on energy, a lot. But after those first weeks it became much easier, the cravings left, and my body started using the stored fat for energy.

Eventually, I got so sick of chicken that I almost boycotted it for 2 weeks!

As you can probably guess, I'm not on that diet currently, but plan on going back on a similar type of plan soon, (although no where near as extreme) in order to lower my bodyfat percentage.

I still intend on putting on some more mass, but want to do it in a less 'wreck-less' type of way as I've done in the past.

So I'm thinking that I will cut fast food down to once or twice per week, mainly weekends when out. I will get back on the chicken train, but also mix in some grilled fish, some fruits, vegetables, baked potatoes, and I think that I will also include some chicken rice this time.

I'll eat the rice earlier in the day.

Since I do my workouts mostly late at night, then instead of eating carbs after my workout, I plan on adding a scoop of a carb powder into my protein shake, and then have another chicken breast with some casein protein before bed.

I probably won't go back on the extreme chicken and almonds diet again until next spring in preparation for the summer.

For now I am trying to get just a bit more solid before taking a fall vacation to a warmer place, so I want to achieve some decent results within the next 30 days, and think that this plan may be helpful to achieve that.

Anyone else ever tried anything like this? ideas? thoughts? experiences?

K.Huget
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
If you can find ground bison meat it will make your cut easier. It's about as lean as chicken but tastes like ground beef.

Travi-D
10-28-2010, 09:42 PM
ground bison meat for the win! that stuff is awesome.

jtteg_x
10-29-2010, 02:31 AM
there are other meats for protein source. leaner cut steaks, tuna and turkey is a very good one. although chicken breast is by far the easier to prepare and cheapest, its good to have an alternative once in a while to maintain a good diet.

Off Road
10-29-2010, 06:52 AM
I would be sick if I had to eat chicken more than once or twice a week. It is by far my least favorite meat.

I would just mix up your meat sources; beef, chicken, pork, turkey, fish, and wild game if you hunt or can purchase it somewhere.

There really isn't any reason to stick to one thing all the time.

mchicia1
10-29-2010, 09:17 AM
93/7 ground beef as well. I just buy the 80/20 though because its cheap as hell and I drain all the excess fat :). Chicken every day could really add up $$$ wise. That is why I usually rotate it with ground beef.

f=ma
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
i eat 2lbs of chicken per day, trimmed, unseasoned. man up and choke it down

chevelle2291
10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
man up and choke it down

That's what she said.

Wut?