PDA

View Full Version : Powerbelt, Single prong or double prong

Brian205
10-31-2010, 04:08 AM
Hi Guys,

What do you use or prefer,

a) Single prong vs double prong powerbelts

b) Is there any difference in performance, stability, longevity in 2 vs 1 prong Powerbelts

:)

Tom Mutaffis
10-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi Guys,

What do you use or prefer,

a) Single prong vs double prong powerbelts

b) Is there any difference in performance, stability, longevity in 2 vs 1 prong Powerbelts

:)

A.) Single Prong.

B.) I have not noticed any difference in stability or longevity, but the single prong is much easier to use.

vdizenzo
10-31-2010, 06:49 AM
I won't pull belts tight for lifters who wear double prong belts. Setting it looks like a monky trying to hump a football. Go with a single prong.

JK1
10-31-2010, 10:13 AM
I got stuck in a 13 mm double prong belt one time.... after several minutes of basically cussing, falling over, rolling around, a bit of a panic attack, yelling, more cussing, and finally about passing out, I decided single prong is much better. I sold that belt to a friend.

Personally, I'd just get a single prong. Like Vincent and Tom said, they are much easier to use.

Phenom
10-31-2010, 11:43 AM
I have a double prong currently. My next belt will be a single prong.

Ermantroudt
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Single

DMedley
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM
I got stuck in a 13 mm double prong belt one time.... after several minutes of basically cussing, falling over, rolling around, a bit of a panic attack, yelling, more cussing, and finally about passing out, I decided single prong is much better. I sold that belt to a friend. .

I have gotten a single prong. I had a double and hated it. Not wanting to sell it to a friend, I like my friends,:evillaugh: I threw it in the gym equipment bin.

JK1
10-31-2010, 03:34 PM
I have gotten a single prong. I had a double and hated it. Not wanting to sell it to a friend, I like my friends,:evillaugh: I threw it in the gym equipment bin.

He specifically wanted a double prong. I tried to warn him about what could happen. He wouldn't listen, so I took his money and gave him the belt.

mastermonster
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
SINGLE!!!!! And/or lever.

jtteg_x
11-01-2010, 01:08 AM
+1 single
and Spud velcro for bench belts ;)

NickAus
11-01-2010, 05:11 AM
+1 single
and Spud velcro for bench belts ;)

This.

Brian Hopper
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
My vote is for a single prong or a lever belt!!!!

Sensei
11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I have a double. I like it, but it took a LONG time to break in to the point that fastening it tight was not a big deal.

jtteg_x
11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
speaking of PL belt break in: use spray bottle filled with water. deeply moisten the belt in all leather areas but don't drench the belt with water. then bend the belt in every area (consider this a forearm workout!). this adds flexibility when strapping yourself and makes it much easier to put on and off. i have done this to both my Inzer forever 13mm and 10mm belts. be careful getting water if the prong/lever as it may rust so be sure to wipe off areas that may rust.

dedsqtbnch
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I got stuck in a 13 mm double prong belt one time.... after several minutes of basically cussing, falling over, rolling around, a bit of a panic attack, yelling, more cussing, and finally about passing out, I decided single prong is much better. I sold that belt to a friend.

Personally, I'd just get a single prong. Like Vincent and Tom said, they are much easier to use.

lol that just about happened to me but with super heavy knee wraps on too lol takes me 5 min to get them on and 5 off unless i got bags to go under took only like 4 min for the belt but i was alone so panic set in first lol

StLRPh
11-11-2010, 07:22 AM
I have a double. I like it, but it took a LONG time to break in to the point that fastening it tight was not a big deal.

This. I have a single that I outgrew and when I needed a new one double prongs were on sale at EFS so that's what I got. The first time I wore the belt it took 10 minutes to get it off. Now it's just as easy as a single.

bad bad leroy b
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Double prong. No issues whatsoever

drew
11-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Single or lever.