PDA

View Full Version : OverKill Bench Shirt

tuna4me
11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I've read alot about the Overkill so obviously I am getting curious about possibly obtaining one..I currently have been using the 3X Phenom..........what ply have most of you that utilize the Overkill been going with?
Thanks!

Travis Bell
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I've tried both the triple ply and the double ply Overkills and if you've been using a triple Phenom, I'd go with double Overkill. The shirt has a good bit more stopping power than a SDP, but once you break it in it'll last a lot longer and give you the same repeated performance instead of getting less and less as time goes on.

NickAus
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
2 ply is very stout and Rudy makes them tight.

3 ply would IMO be too much for 99% of lifters.

tuna4me
11-03-2010, 03:35 AM
That sounds very reasonable...I was leaning towards the 2x ply as obviously a 3x ply would be pure dreaming!..
Thanks guys very much!..

Brian Weston
11-03-2010, 04:24 AM
That sounds very reasonable...I was leaning towards the 2x ply as obviously a 3x ply would be pure dreaming!..
Thanks guys very much!..

Rudy is making mine now. Actually don't know which one he is making, but I can't wait! Just got my squat briefs and waiting to get them get in them and get going.
These briefs make the Predators seem like boxer breifs.
I am sure his shirts are just as sick.
Rudy takes the time to make the gear right, and until just recently has been doing it ALL himself. It may take time to get your order, but it should be spot on. Well worth the wait.

Good luck.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

tuna4me
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I can say this..... the customer service is excellent!.. I emailed Rudy one evening.. when I checked my email the next day... WOW.. a very nice response was there, along with specific photo measuring instructions and the pricing list......good golly!!... they could teach several businesses about customer response!!.. #1

theBarzeen
11-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm a little biased because I have lifted with Rudy for a few years, but I've used his gear from the beginning and had nothing but good things to say about it..... I've seen every cut and combination he makes in action in the gym. The man is a good lifter himself and has used his own gear for years so he knows how everything will work and is usually pretty spot-on with his recommendations.

Personally I have a short stroke, a big arch, and a decent gut to bench to. I'm hitting mid 600's now in the gym regularly and have taken a few low 7's to boards. I use a 2-ply from June 2009 and am still making good gains in it. I'd like to try a 3-ply for myself but it looks like it would be too much for most guys if it's fit properly.
If you aren't sure about something just ask Rudy. It's not like calling customer support somewhere else where the person on the phone has never lifted.

dedsqtbnch
11-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm a little biased because I have lifted with Rudy for a few years, but I've used his gear from the beginning and had nothing but good things to say about it..... I've seen every cut and combination he makes in action in the gym. The man is a good lifter himself and has used his own gear for years so he knows how everything will work and is usually pretty spot-on with his recommendations.

Personally I have a short stroke, a big arch, and a decent gut to bench to. I'm hitting mid 600's now in the gym regularly and have taken a few low 7's to boards. I use a 2-ply from June 2009 and am still making good gains in it. I'd like to try a 3-ply for myself but it looks like it would be too much for most guys if it's fit properly.
If you aren't sure about something just ask Rudy. It's not like calling customer support somewhere else where the person on the phone has never lifted.

so whats your raw max

dedsqtbnch
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
I've read alot about the Overkill so obviously I am getting curious about possibly obtaining one..I currently have been using the 3X Phenom..........what ply have most of you that utilize the Overkill been going with?
Thanks!

and what is your raw max lol im trying to do a study i guess to help me decide what shirt i should get and what do you get out of the 3x phenom

Travis Bell
11-12-2010, 05:24 AM
it doesn't matter what a person's raw max is to a certain extent. What's more important is having good training partners who can help you learn the gear.

Everyone will get a different amount out of a shirt. i've seen some guys get 200-300lbs out of them, others get less.

tuna4me
11-12-2010, 03:38 PM
By no means would you want to even consider my benching raw or shirted as a data point......I would concur that I've seen guys who raw; blasted the gym contents up but in a shirt floundered...........and certainly have seen vice versa as well......

I would agree, shirted benching is an science. .that does require an abundance of intelligent people around you!...but damn it's FUN!:clown:

dedsqtbnch
11-12-2010, 05:40 PM
By no means would you want to even consider my benching raw or shirted as a data point......I would concur that I've seen guys who raw; blasted the gym contents up but in a shirt floundered...........and certainly have seen vice versa as well......

I would agree, shirted benching is a science. .that does require an abundance of intelligent people around you!...but damn it's FUN!:clown:

once a week i get to work out with someone who uses bench shirts everyother week or so and like you said fun lol ive used his 1x rage x and thats cool

NickAus
11-12-2010, 05:44 PM
You should be getting at least 150, 220+ is good but some get 300 or a little more.

dedsqtbnch
11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
You should be getting at least 150, 220+ is good but some get 300 or a little more.

with a 2x right

theBarzeen
11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
so whats your raw max

I just hit 450 on this training cycle..... I'll shirt up tomorrow and see where that ends up.

tuna4me
11-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't want to beat a dead horse.. but I just gotta once again respond to what an outstanding guy Rudy is!....I called him today ( on a Sunday at 11 am EST ) and shocker!!. Rudy answered the phone..and was very professional , courteous and gracious as he spent about 45 minutes talking to me about the shirt, how to break it in and what to expect once I received it.........FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!..

I am more excited about receiving my Overkill shirt than I was the day I came home and saw my wife had packed and left me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap: