PDA

View Full Version : Squat form

gmen5681
11-07-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c5m8F9wSCQ

last rep is a little sloppy, but form doesnt seem to break down too bad.

dynamo
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
looks like you're rounding your lower back just before your hit the bottom. probably need to loosen up some.

ehopkins932
11-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Definitely keep that arch when descending. And when you walk it out, start with feet close together, then take 2-3 steps out. Consciously remember to keep your back tight on the way down and forcing your neck into the bar on the way up should help.

Keith
11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
You could do with sitting back more. Looks like you use a pretty wide stance, so try sitting back even more so that your shins are perpendicular to the floor.

Brian C
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
You could do with sitting back more. Looks like you use a pretty wide stance, so try sitting back even more so that your shins are perpendicular to the floor.

x2. I agree

elilliebridge
11-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Form looks pretty good! Are you purposely wanting to stop at the bottom or do you have that there to judge how deep you need to go? I would just remove it and squat as deep as you can and watch it on the video over and over again...that's how i learned to do my form with all of my lifts. It's different having someone tell you what to do, than to watch yourself lift and see what can be improved.

gmen5681
11-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Form looks pretty good! Are you purposely wanting to stop at the bottom or do you have that there to judge how deep you need to go? I would just remove it and squat as deep as you can and watch it on the video over and over again...that's how i learned to do my form with all of my lifts. It's different having someone tell you what to do, than to watch yourself lift and see what can be improved.

thanks, i do record most of my lifts to see where i can improve, but i always like to hear outside criticism too. i have the box there so i sit back in the squat, which i still need improvement on, i think it has alot to do with being un-flexible in my hamstrings and glutes. ive been working with foam rolling, pvc rolling for the past month and they still wont loosen up. it will get there, im sure as soon as my lower back stops rounding there will be another issue. like getting my elbows further under the bar. and if i squat without a box i will cut it high 95% of the time, so im gonna keep using the box until it becomes better ingrained on where parallel is. like the others guys say though once my knees stop going forward and i sit back more parallel will be a bit higher, so until then the box is gonna stay.

edit: i think my knees are caving a bit too, which is also probably from being so tight. maybe ill try putting a mini band around my knees the next time to remember to have my knees out. that is something i know Louie recommends, at least he did when he wrote the westside method book.