PDA

View Full Version : New shirt from OVERKILL

Brian Weston
11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Just got word from Rudy that my shirt is done and shipping today. Looking to finally get my bench on track with this new shirt. I will keep ya posted on my progress. I haven't had a shirt on in years. Really lookin' forward to rockin' this shirt.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

dbc3po
11-08-2010, 09:17 AM
You will love it. My training partner has one and that thing is a really nice pc. Im looking at getting one myself in the next month or so.

Dre165
11-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, OVERKILL Shirts are the BEST!! Take your time to learn it, and work it down on boards, and get plenty of to the chest presses once the shirt's broken in. It's got stop. pop, and the longevity of a denim shirt, at a great price, and made just for you!! You can't go wrong, so long as you put that shirt through it's paces!! Enjoy the journey!!

icedutah
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
No point in working down on boards in that shirt.

ct67_72
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
No point in working down on boards in that shirt.

I agree.
Which shirt did you get?
a little off topic but anyone have info on the new laminated ones?

Rob Luyando
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Weston,
Get a hold of me if you have any questions

Brian C
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Look forward in hearing how you do with it. I cant wait to get mine

Brian Weston
11-09-2010, 03:33 AM
I agree.
Which shirt did you get?
a little off topic but anyone have info on the new laminated ones?

Not sure. Rudy is just sending me what he thinks will work the best for me and we will go from there.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:

icedutah
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
New laminated ones? Would like to know the diff.

Brian Weston
11-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Email Rudy, I am sure he will tell ya what ever ya want. rudy@overkillstrength.com.
Do me a little favor and let him know I sent ya.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:

NickAus
11-09-2010, 02:20 PM

The shirt I have from O/K is not laminated........the 2 layers are seperate.

Brian Weston
11-10-2010, 03:38 AM

The laminated shirts are a prototype and have not been "released", only a select few have them. I spoke with Rudy yesterday and he told me that these shirts are made for people with a very long bench stroke.

My shirt:
2 ply chest
3ply sleeves
open back
single velcro

Brian Weston
sponsored by:

vdizenzo
11-10-2010, 05:31 AM
I can see the new MTV show now, pimp my shirt.

Brian Weston
11-10-2010, 08:13 AM

Not even close to the cazyness of the 3 ply, grid stitched, circle stitched sleeve, super collar shirts that some "OTHER" companies offer. That would make for a good "PIMP MY SHIRT" show.
Most of these alterations are pretty much useless.
Not that I am any kind of a great bencher, not by far, and I had at one time fell prey to these kind of alterations.
In most cases a person has either a shirt that does not fit right, or just does not know how to use a shirt to begin with, and feels that all of these alterations will be the magic fix.
To each his own.
Rudy takes the time to work with you and make sure all measurements are taken correctly and you get a correct fit, not an easy task and not easy to come by. You don't get "off the rack" gear.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENY

vdizenzo
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm not good enough to wear a custom shirt. I go off the rack.

Brian Weston
11-10-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not good enough to wear a custom shirt. I go off the rack.

Brother, your bench is fukin' sick. Without a shirt.

Brian Weston
Sponsored by:

Rob Luyando
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Is this a jab Vincent? Overkill shirts are all made from custom measurements. Not Pimpin just gettin it right the first time. You can get by with a lot less extra.

vdizenzo
11-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Is this a jab Vincent? Overkill shirts are all made from custom measurements. Not Pimpin just gettin it right the first time. You can get by with a lot less extra.

Rob, it's a jab at all custom shirts nowadays. I'm not ripping on Overkill. I do crack up about triple sleeves and double chest, super scooped collars, etc. I fell into that trap for a long time. I think most of us are not good enough lifters for that stuff. We should just concern ourselves with being better equipped benchers than shirt tweakers.

This is said with all due respect to lifters like you, Ryan, Scott, Tiny, and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few others, who have really pushed the envelope and have hit some insane numbers. However, you know it's a very fine line you are dancing on. I think a lot of lifters concern themselves too much with their shirts. I know I did.

Going to a stock shirt helped me become a much better bencher. I learned I had to get stronger. Now I might be a different breed. I hate fighting a shirt. My shirt goes on with one tug. Heck, I hate putting the damn thing on to train. I only did it two times in my entire last training cycle and it showed. I am clearly leaving lbs. on the platform.

These are just my musings. I am not a raw zealot. However, I think we as lifters who sometimes get looked up to, have to be responsible and set those with less experience on a good path.

Rob Luyando
11-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Vinvent,
I agree with what you are saying about the basic shirt for beginners. Every company out there has improved or developed new tricks to add to the shirt to make it perform that much better. And as you say you are not jabbing Overkill I will accept that. I have just notice a few sarcastic coments from you on Overkill posts. Majority of the lifters that train in my crew now are average when it comes to exsperience. What I like about Overkill shirts all being custom is that they are made to each individuals actual measurements and the fit is right the first time. Do I have my guys wearing the shirts like I do. No way in hell. The options that I use on my shirts are for advanced lifters.

So one more rant from you young man and you and I will go head to head raw.......................... :)

vdizenzo
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Vinvent,
I agree with what you are saying about the basic shirt for beginners. Every company out there has improved or developed new tricks to add to the shirt to make it perform that much better. And as you say you are not jabbing Overkill I will accept that. I have just notice a few sarcastic coments from you on Overkill posts. Majority of the lifters that train in my crew now are average when it comes to exsperience. What I like about Overkill shirts all being custom is that they are made to each individuals actual measurements and the fit is right the first time. Do I have my guys wearing the shirts like I do. No way in hell. The options that I use on my shirts are for advanced lifters.

So one more rant from you young man and you and I will go head to head raw.......................... :)

As long as we don't have to go head to head in the shirt I can hang. The reason you only notice my posts on Overkill shirts is because those are the only ones you go to you whore! Just kidding. From everything everyone says, Rudy offers a great product and a great service. Again, I really just don't like seeing guys freak out about all the options when they really don't need them. That goes for every shirt manufacturer.

NickAus
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Vinnie, would you spend $300 on a shirt and choose the options you didn't want?

You have to choose so you of course choose what you want.

It comes across as belittling people for listing the options they choose when they are just doing what they have to when placing the order and letting us all know.

You can not assum just because they want a good shirt that fits well they are not training hard to get stronger either.

theBarzeen
11-12-2010, 08:15 PM

Jose Garcia was working one the last time I benched with him. Long arms and no belly. That was a little while ago ( few weeks at least) but he liked it. I don't know how much I'd like it as I have lots of technique ( also known as a gut) and end up with a very short stroke on the bench.

They are supposed to be easier to touch in. Less pop off of the bottom but still good support. Less stopping power than an ACE shirt, but more than a Phenom......

vdizenzo
11-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Vinnie, would you spend $300 on a shirt and choose the options you didn't want?

You have to choose so you of course choose what you want.

It comes across as belittling people for listing the options they choose when they are just doing what they have to when placing the order and letting us all know.

You can not assum just because they want a good shirt that fits well they are not training hard to get stronger either.

I can choose to share any opinion I want and I did just that. I have often said when I was finally taught how to bench properly in a shirt it was using the crappiest shirt in my bag.Oh, and I had many--too many. In my opinion I think some guys are trying to learn to drive a Ferrari with their learners permit.

I don't assume people are not training hard. However it has been my experience that there are many guys who are not training smart. Adding gear more suited for a more advanced lifter makes it even more difficult to train smart.

If someone thinks I'm ripping on them, then that is their trip. It's not my intention. My intention is to help lifters get better.

Travis Bell
11-13-2010, 05:31 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in here since it's early and I'm feeling thoughtful

I think it's partly preference based, at least at the advanced lifter level. I tend to lean more towards the less equipment side of things because if I have more success that way. I just train better and perform better on the platform when I'm using a little bit less gear. Even when I was using a SDP, it was a size 60, far bigger than what some of my training partners were able to make work. The shirt I'm currently wearing from Rudy is a basic double ply Overkill shirt. It took me a long time to re learn how to make a new shirt work, but it's getting there.

Now, if I were able to have more success with more gear, my opinion might be different.

When I was a beginner, I wore super tight shirts that were way beyond my technique and I absolutely hated shirted benching. I never could figure out how to touch or get anything out of it, because I never made it that far, or if I did, I was shot from trying to get the bar down lol.

9 times out of 10, beginners will figure things out much faster in bigger gear, although there are some who can get the tight stuff set up. When guys are talking about benching the big weights that Vin and Rob are hitting, I think it boils down to preference.

Rob Luyando
11-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Like I said in my post above Beginer or average lifters should be using more basic equipment regaurdless what lift you are doing. Its just easier to learn the proper form. More is not always better. depending on which shirt you are using more options can actually hurt your progress or performance. I have used many diferent styles of shirts over the years with many different extras. More is not always better. The shirt I am using now Overkill customized to my measurements is pretty basic. It has a few extra tweaks to it but nothing crazy like I have used in the past. Bottom line is that if you don't have good form or technique it doesn't matter what shirt with how ever many extras your still going to suck no matter how hard you work. Dial in your technique and then worry about experimenting with extras.

To Vincent's defense I don't think he was attacking anyone or making any insinuations that someone isn't working hard. He and I go way back and I know he has a passion for the sport and to see others suceed just as he has.

Barzeen I love that line. I seem to have quite a bit of "Technique" now a days. I love the new term for a boiler. lol