PDA

View Full Version : first bench shirt

dedsqtbnch
11-10-2010, 08:07 PM
my curr bench max is 405 and was wanting to get the best shirt i can get just to set a record for my self by the end of next year hopefully 550 i have worn a friends rage x and got 475 but it was a single ply and cut perfict for the way i bench too even though it didnt fit me perfict

am i too weak for a 2 ply or 3 ply i have herd of people getting them and not even being able to use them well i dont want to be that guy and im doing resurch as well but figured id post it up here too.

options im lookin at right now
apex
super katana
metal something lol cant remember the name cause there is so many lol
i am also hearing more about another shirt that people talk about on here but ill let some of yall be the judge

i bench with a good arch and grip is not to wide

ive always thought about it but started powerlifting only about 6 months ago and got my slingshot a few weeks back and man hitting 455 with that was so nice lol

hope im not being to bad of a noob

dedsqtbnch
11-10-2010, 08:10 PM
i will be competing raw all next year but once i get some money together ill be getting two shirts two squat suits and one deadlift suit for the following year so

jtteg_x
11-11-2010, 02:19 AM
it depends on which federation you plan competing in. generally, single ply gear is advised for those new to equipment.

J Stottlemire
11-11-2010, 05:34 AM
If you have some time to learn the shirt (10-12 weeks), I most definitely recommend going with a Titan shirt F-6 or the Katana shirts because of there performance and no run no blowout guarantee, Contact Ken Anderson at andersonpowerlifting.com he can send you one tailored made for you or get a fit for you off shelf possibly, and will have the shirt to you in 2-3 days.Ken will make you the cadillac of a single ply shirt and customer service is outstanding, any questions at all just pm me

ct67_72
11-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I started in a single ply phenom and absolutely hated it. I think I made 3 presses in it and got rid of it. From there I went to 2 ply and it worked out much better for me. I bought a used rage x that proved to be a little to much shirt for me at my strength so I went to a titan F6 that I had Ken Anderson modify for me and it worked very well for a few meets. At that time I had like a mid 200lb bench and got 365 in the gym.
From some recommendations of others I started to look for a more aggressive shirt and ended up with an overkill double ply. Right now my max bench is about 295 and I benched 465 in the gym last week.
My point of all this is for one you are absolutely not too weak to take advantage of a good shirt and get some big numbers.
I also think it has a lot to do with what you have for support around you. Do you have a good group and some people with shirt experience that you lift with? That in its self will make a world of difference.
I searched classifieds and bought shirts in my size and tried them out. If I diddnt like one, it was easy enough to sell and buy another. Once I figured it out some I finally took the plunge and bought a new one.
Anyway its early and im still partially functioning so I hope this helps and makes sense. :drooling:

dedsqtbnch
11-11-2010, 07:44 PM
it depends on which federation you plan competing in. generally, single ply gear is advised for those new to equipment.

well ive ben in shirts a few times with no problems dudes gear i used said i was a natural lol im just lookin for one to possibly in my dream next year hit 600 for 2011 just for my own fun but will get all new **** for 2012 when i compete in gear

dedsqtbnch
11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
If you have some time to learn the shirt (10-12 weeks), I most definitely recommend going with a Titan shirt F-6 or the Katana shirts because of there performance and no run no blowout guarantee, Contact Ken Anderson at andersonpowerlifting.com he can send you one tailored made for you or get a fit for you off shelf possibly, and will have the shirt to you in 2-3 days.Ken will make you the cadillac of a single ply shirt and customer service is outstanding, any questions at all just pm me

like i said 2011 im competing raw if i compete at all this shirt will be for show and for my own personal goals no geared meets till 2012 and yea i like the no run no blowout thing for 2 years im leaning towords the katana super but dont know what ply to go with

dedsqtbnch
11-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I started in a single ply phenom and absolutely hated it. I think I made 3 presses in it and got rid of it. From there I went to 2 ply and it worked out much better for me. I bought a used rage x that proved to be a little to much shirt for me at my strength so I went to a titan F6 that I had Ken Anderson modify for me and it worked very well for a few meets. At that time I had like a mid 200lb bench and got 365 in the gym.
From some recommendations of others I started to look for a more aggressive shirt and ended up with an overkill double ply. Right now my max bench is about 295 and I benched 465 in the gym last week.
My point of all this is for one you are absolutely not too weak to take advantage of a good shirt and get some big numbers.
I also think it has a lot to do with what you have for support around you. Do you have a good group and some people with shirt experience that you lift with? That in its self will make a world of difference.
I searched classifieds and bought shirts in my size and tried them out. If I diddnt like one, it was easy enough to sell and buy another. Once I figured it out some I finally took the plunge and bought a new one.
Anyway its early and im still partially functioning so I hope this helps and makes sense. :drooling:

lol about the last part and overkill sounds nice hear a lot about it but i think im leaning towords the super katana at this point

dedsqtbnch
11-11-2010, 07:55 PM
i really think around sep next year my max will be around 440 to 460 so do yall think i can get 600 or more with a shirt

and why dont i hear a lot about the apex they look good and from what i seen a lot easyer to get on and off

the shirt i get will be open back though so thats gonna make it a lot easyer anyway just thought id ask

mastermonster
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I think you'll be very happy with the Titan Super Katana (if you've got some shirt knowledge or some around you). If not, maybe start with an F-6. My best meet raw bench is 402 lbs. My best meet shirted bench is 600 lbs. in both an F6 and a Katana, and much more in a Super Katana in the gym (660 single and 700 2 ply). Touching the 2 ply is very hit or miss with me. I'm much more consistant touching in the single. As mentioned, Ken Anderson is definately the distributor to use! Good luck whichever you chose.

drew
11-12-2010, 06:27 AM
If you tried the Rage X and found it perfect for the way you bench, you should get a Rage X. The double would probably be a good move, make sure you get an open-back if it's allowed in your fed. You're certainly strong enough (I'm using the double with a best raw bench of 325). It may take some time to learn the shirt, but this will be the case with any shirt you get. Train in the shirt at least 2 out of 3 workouts and don't screw around with the slingshot until you are proficient in the shirt.

dedsqtbnch
11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
If you tried the Rage X and found it perfect for the way you bench, you should get a Rage X. The double would probably be a good move, make sure you get an open-back if it's allowed in your fed. You're certainly strong enough (I'm using the double with a best raw bench of 325). It may take some time to learn the shirt, but this will be the case with any shirt you get. Train in the shirt at least 2 out of 3 workouts and don't screw around with the slingshot until you are proficient in the shirt.

cause the guy that lets me use his stuff has a reg katana and says its much better he gets like 40 more pounds out of it than the rage i just dont fit in that one as good and he said i only got 475 in the shirt not 495 ooops lol he lifts about the same as me raw and he has gotten 520 to 525 with the rage and 555 with the katana and why not train with the sling shot yet ive been using it on my 6-8th set or so sometimes for the last 2 weeks and im not buying the shirt till feb. if its gonna hurt my lifting ill stop i just thought id use it to get used to the heavyer weight when locking out is that not smart

dedsqtbnch
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I think you'll be very happy with the Titan Super Katana (if you've got some shirt knowledge or some around you). If not, maybe start with an F-6. My best meet raw bench is 402 lbs. My best meet shirted bench is 600 lbs. in both an F6 and a Katana, and much more in a Super Katana in the gym (660 single and 700 2 ply). Touching the 2 ply is very hit or miss with me. I'm much more consistant touching in the single. As mentioned, Ken Anderson is definately the distributor to use! Good luck whichever you chose.

you got me excited like a little girl in a 225pound body lol if i can learn to put up 700 next year ill **** myself