PDA

View Full Version : RX POWER HOUR 11/11: Chris Mason & Dione Wessels

Ryan Bracewell
11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Chris Mason is the owner of AtLargeNutrition and Wannabebig.com. He joins Nathan & Ryan to talk about West Side Barbell training modifications for raw lifters and his experience with Louie Simmons!

Also joining Nathan & Ryan is the President of the American Strongman Corporation (ASC) Dione Wessels. She will discuss 2010 NAS nationals this weekend and make announcements for 2011 pro qualifiers

click here to listen (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=45516)

Tom Mutaffis
11-15-2010, 08:08 AM
The interview with Chris provided some great information on Westside training.

Joe Black
11-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I enjoyed listening, very informative!

vdizenzo
11-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Damn, I can't get it on my work computer. I can't wait to check it out later.

vdizenzo
11-19-2010, 05:47 AM
This was excellent. I can listen to discussions on WS training all day. Well done.

Ryan Bracewell
11-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks Vincent. This weeks interview with Andy Bolton was very good too.

If you cant access the hosting site on your work computer, the episodes can be downloaded on iTunes too if that is available at work.

chris mason
11-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm listening to the Bolton interview now. I'm glad you guys liked my portion.

ehopkins932
11-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks Chris that was an interesting listen. I have a question for you if you wouldn't mind regarding westside raw:

When you say competition squat every 3-4 weeks as an ME movement, would paused squats (assuming same stance/bar position as competition) be fine?

Also, unrelated to the information you talked about in the interview, how often do the guys at westside deload? Is it individual? The reason I ask is because Louie almost makes it seem like in some articles that they train without taking time off.

chris mason
11-20-2010, 08:01 PM
To be clear, I am not a member of Louie's team. I go up and visit whenever possible and train at Westside when I do (I also usually stay with Louie and his wife both of whom I think the world of).

To my understanding a deload is going to be a group or individual decision to some degree. You are right in that Louie believes in training as heavy as possible as often as possible.

A paused squat would be fine and serve as a form of variety.

ehopkins932
11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Chris, appreciate the quick answer.