PDA

View Full Version : New - Looking to Lose Weight and Advice - Diet etc. - Any help would be great

Adsso
11-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you and I'm sure you get alot of these annoying requests but here goes I really need some help.

I'm 30yrs old and I know for sure I'm over weight I have tried alot of those fad diets you see on tv and stuff but they don't work for me and it could be because I have a low will power.. But after thinking about things and how I hate myself, I want to change myself so I'm looking for some advice and help.

I drink now 2 - 3 ltrs of water a day but it's the meals I have problems with... and this is where I need some help... I understand from reading around there should be 5 - 6 meals a day however can someone suggest a book or site I can read to get more of an idea.

Also is there a good protein shake I can help to assist with weight loss aswell any advise I would be greatly appreciated with.

And thank you for having such a site people can post on.. I really hate talking about my fatness :(

Off Road
11-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Nitrean from AtLargeNutrition would be a great choice of protein powder to use during a diet. It has a time released effect because of the different absorption rates of the different types of proteins mixed in. It is also low in calories, so it will fit into a reduced calorie diet really well. Lastly, it mixes easy and tastes great.

As far as diet goes, it really is as easy as keeping a diet journal. Track your calories during the day; if you aren't losing weight, just lower the calories a bit. Eating three or six times a day doesn't really matter, it's all about the amount of calories you are eating vs the amount of calories you are using.

mchicia1
11-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Before changing much about your diet, try eliminating all drinks other than water from your diet and do not touch any sugary desserts. Try that for a while and see if any weight comes off. Many times, people become overweight because they don't realize how much **** they drink and eat all day. If the weight doesn't come off, then reevaluate.

You said you had low willpower so I figured drinking just water is a good start and eliminating sugary snacks is a good, easy first step. You also might be expecting results too fast and they may be the cause of your low willpower. Body changes take a long time...expect at least 3 months before noticing any difference in pictures.

pratt
11-16-2010, 07:43 AM
I have an armband that estimates how many calories that I'm burning during the day. It also tells me how many steps I've taken and my sleep efficiency (hours just lying down vs. asleep). I upload the information on my armband to a software that uploads all this information and summarizes it. Plus I log in my calories consumed from the foods. They have a database and I can also add foods not in there database. It's really helped me to keep track of the calories burned vs. consumed. Then it summarizes how many grams of protein vs. fat vs. carbs and sugars also.

Adsso
11-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Thanks everyone so much for y our help and information... I have taken it all on board and I'm gonna do a calorie counter program and will keep a daily track of it.

Thanks again for all information I will soon take pics and keep everyone updated..