PDA

View Full Version : Expat1985 Journal

expat1985
11-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I've been training on off since I was 16, and haven't had bad luck with it. I'm naturally slim, which I used to hate, but now I miss, since I'm finding cutting a lot harder than I used to... I've decided to get back into fitness, mainly because I'm feeling like crap most of the time, and want to feel better and look good.

I've seen a nutritionist, who has given me a modest diet to follow for the next four weeks. I haven't had a fitness test yet, but I want to get one, to test my fat levels, etc. I want something tangible to work towards - even if it's only going to be small, and I want to see something pretty good, by September when i'm running the Great North Run, 2011.

Running isn't conducive to gaining muscle necessarily, but I'm not training for a bodybuilding competition. I'm aiming to set a good routine, and I'm not aiming to win the race - just to finish it at a pretty average time, and above average if I can do it. I've ran a marathon once before. I hated it, but I finished it!

I feel like I need some sort of incentive to get into the gym, and up in the mornings - to eat the best i possibly can. There isn't any reason why I shouldn't get some muscle definition, and still manage to do my running without going overboard. I've worked in gyms, so I know that I won't gain a lot if I overdo the running aspect, but I want to do this because it's for charity, and I need support from my friends to fulfill my dietary, lifestyle and fitess-regime needs.

I'm giving up alcohol for the foreseeable future, and going to alcoholics anonymous. I say I haven't got a huge problem, but the amount of problems I'm having that are alcohol related - and I can't seem to say no, or stop when I start, so I think in principal, with my heart ruling over my head, I want to give up drinking, because I will save a lot of money, and my health will not suffer. Also, I need to hang around with a completely different crowd. The people I am with are really nice, but I don't want to end up with cirocchis of the liver before I'm 30.

My goals are not too ambitious, at the moment, as I don't want to set myself up with high expectations that I'm not going to fulfill, but I want to give up junk food, booze, going out and living badly and I want to focus on my mind and body. I will hopefully still make time for the people in my life, but at the moment I feel like I need this outlet more than ever, as I haven't really got anything for myself, or anything positive to show for the past couple of years. I last peaked around 2005, and it's a slippery slope...

Realistically, I won't start a proper routine till next week. I'm going to try and do some sort of stretching daily, like Yoga. Some people might be against me being active every day, as I know it won't necessarily help me grow, but for the injury aspect of the running, I want to cover everything, and not allow myself to get sidetracked. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

expat1985
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
I trained hard for a month, and reduced my body fat % by 2% and put on about 5kg. My personal trainer has said I look a lot healthier, and I feel better for it. I am moving to London in a few days time, so I need to keep up the good work and get into the gym tomorrow.

I've been taking nolvadex and danabol. I will eventually go on deca when I'm feeling a bit more... game for it! Don't want to do it until I have a good idea about what I should be doing. Got a source in London I can get roids off. I know its not everyones thing, but they do work. You just have to do them properly...

expat1985
03-26-2011, 12:12 PM
I'll be doing a 5 day split, and eating properly. I'll make sure not to do too much cardio, but I do wanna look rippd, so I will have to see how that works out.