PDA

View Full Version : Recipes for ground beef

WillyTheGreat
05-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Man o man. Bought some ground sirloin beef last week and cooked it. Ugh. I just stuffed it down my throat because I had to all week and into this week. Now I got a new stash (same stuff...oh ya, it's SUPER LEAN and has is like 90% fat free - I'm guessing that's before cooking), haha.

You guys have any tips on marinating, seasoning, etc.?

Right now I'm going to stick some garlic in there and some dry parsley which I've been soaking in water (didn't have a chance to get fresh ones), season it with salt and pepper and cook it. I cook 'em in advance then just heat 'em.

So...any suggestions? Suggestions for ground turkey'll work too. :)

Relentless
05-15-2002, 09:34 AM
garlic and onions are never out of place; throw them in once the beef is browned in the pan (not right away, the beef takes longer to cook).

IMHO, steaks are better than ground because you can just sear them and eat 'em rare -- however eating rare hamburger is a good way to get sick....

ions
05-18-2002, 02:44 PM
This is a fav of mine: http://www.realcubanfood.com/picadillo.html Might have more cals than what you're looking for but it's tasty.

Tiare
05-18-2002, 02:53 PM
How about a meat loaf? be good if you don't mind adding some carbs to the beef.

1 lb ground beef
Add 1 or 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (more or less)
Add onions, garlic, season to taste (basil, oregano, chives, salt pepper, rosemary, thyme would be my suggestions).
Roll and put in appropriate sized pan
Cover with diced tomato (or tom soup or whatever)
Cook at 350 or so for as long as you want
Drain fat, cool, cut, stuff your face for a few days.

Behemoth
05-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Get a can of sloppy joe sauce, I think it adds a tad of carbs but thats it, just don't eat em on a bun. Yum yum