PDA

View Full Version : How's my posing?

Invain
11-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Been trying to work on my rear lat spread forever, I think I'm finally getting it down. Is my hand placement where it should be? I try to go by feel but I'm not sure if there's a way to make the lats really pop out anymore.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6443/003rwr.jpg

Behemoth
11-18-2010, 06:29 AM
First off very impressive shot nick. I'm definetly no expert but I wanna say hands a little higher and farther back, they look like they may be in front of the abs instead of on the bottom of the side of the ribcage. Shoulders may be a little high and too far back also. Obviously you're not posing your lower as you're in jeans but when you bring your hips up in and almost humping the air push while expeling your breath it brings out the lower back more too (which is mad thick on you).

mchicia1
11-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Small back

Invain
11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
First off very impressive shot nick. I'm definetly no expert but I wanna say hands a little higher and farther back, they look like they may be in front of the abs instead of on the bottom of the side of the ribcage. Shoulders may be a little high and too far back also. Obviously you're not posing your lower as you're in jeans but when you bring your hips up in and almost humping the air push while expeling your breath it brings out the lower back more too (which is mad thick on you).

Thanks Rory, I know exactly what you mean about the hand placement, I'm not the most flexible person in the world by any means so it's hard for me to really get my arms bent back with my lats flared at the same time.

Ryan Celli
11-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Hand placement looks fine. I would not pull your elbows forward so much.
Actually the guy doing the rear lat spread in the latest WBB article "one quick fix...."has it just right.