PDA

View Full Version : Lookiing to move

Brian Weston
11-18-2010, 03:34 AM
We are looking to make a move, possibly further south, maybe Raleigh, NC. area. Anyone here from that area?
Trying to find a good training environment. Just about anything would be an improvement over what I have now, I trained on an average of once a week for my last meet. That just ain't worth a damn to get to the numbers I want.
Not sure when this will happen, but if anyone is from around there that could give me a heads up on the area it would be appreciated.

Brian Weston
Sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

dbc3po
11-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Not sure about Raleigh, I dont think there are any groups around there anymore. Over around Hickory I think there is a crew. Of course if you moved further south There are several places in SC. Im about an hour south of Greenville, There is a gym just west of greenville that has some lifter, then around Columbia there are several groups. There used to be a gym in Clayton NC (just east of Raleigh) where Kyle Robertson trained but I dont think they have a group anymore. Look up Steve Maxson he could point you in the right direction or Derek Wilcox, if your dead set on living in NC.

overload865
11-18-2010, 06:21 AM
I think there is a gym in Raleigh called the powerfactory I think. I can call another lifter big mike neal and find out for certain. I train not to far from there.

overload865
11-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Neal lifts at the Arnold classic. Has won two or three times in the SHW class.

Brian Weston
11-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Somewhere around raleigh. The wife has a job opportunity there if we moved to the area, and i was just informed that I should be looking for another job as our plant may be shutting down.
Just doing the preliminary scouting.
Was just checking on plwatch and ther looks to be 2 gyms near greensborro, one in kernersville and another in clemmons, Anyone familiar with either of these?
Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

spoiler
11-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Brian, I don't think there are many options in the Raleigh area anymore. In the Greensboro area your best bet would be Mud Duck Barbell: http://ncpower.webs.com/mudduckbarbell.htm.

In Western NC you have groups that train out of Hickory, Boone, Nebo and Asheville.

Good luck
Steve Maxson

overload865
11-19-2010, 07:00 AM
What's up Brian! Raleigh has the Powerhouse Gym on 410 w Davie street. I can send u the number by pm if u want to speak with someone there. Phil farmer trains there it u are aware of him. Big lifter as well.

M.T. Neal
11-22-2010, 03:15 AM
There's some good places around NC. Probably more options if you are closer to Greensboro or west of there. I lift in Butner, which is close to Durham but not too far from Raleigh. I work out alone mostly but there are plenty of strong guys there and I drive to other good gyms from time to time. Lots of good people in the state within 2 hours me.

gatorman2k6
11-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Check out West Cary Barbell. I believe they have a small powerlifting gym and Cary is only about 15min outside Raleigh.