PDA

View Full Version : Briefs for pain relief

LanceGoyke
11-19-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm looking for a pair of cheap briefs to help reduce my hip pain. I'm not too worried about getting carryover to my lifts from the briefs.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

AdamBAG
11-19-2010, 08:21 AM
I think you are better off addressing the underlying hip pain issue. Briefs will only help to a point.

I personally would not rely on briefs if you don't plan to compete equipped.

If you are dead set on getting some the "power pants" made by Inzer are pretty cheap ($40 i think).

StLRPh
11-19-2010, 08:42 AM
I got a pair of Power pants from House of Pain and they've helped me out tremendously. I'd email them first with your waist measurement and tell him why you are ordering them and he'll recommend a size. Mine are loose enough to squat down ATG with just my bodyweight and have enabled me to squat and deadlift without pain for the first time in several months.

Brian C
11-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Power Pants are the way to go. They will give you enough hip support without too much carryover.( I propably get 20 lbs)

LanceGoyke
11-19-2010, 10:57 AM
I've gotten quite a few recommendations for the Power Pants actually.

I think you are better off addressing the underlying hip pain issue. Briefs will only help to a point.

If you are dead set on getting some the "power pants" made by Inzer are pretty cheap ($40 i think).

Thank you for the extremely intelligent advice. Seriously, that's the smartest thing I've heard on these forums yet.
I have addressed and will still continue addressing the issue (I've got two cam impingements, left tibial torsion, and my left hip is slightly retroverted, weak obliques, and a left anterior interior chain dominant functional pattern) , and overall my movement has VASTLY improved since I started focusing on it, but it's been about a year or so and I've come to realize I probably won't ever be pain FREE again. I think I may have finally torn my labrum, too. No more ATG squats for me.
I want to see if I can load heavy squats with the briefs. The lifting isn't usually bad, it's the day to day where I get fatigued hip just rattles around in the acetabulum.

ScottYard
11-19-2010, 02:50 PM

I agree with Adam.

Backward sled dragging addressed my sore hips well.