PDA

View Full Version : Rage x

kingns
11-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I have a few questions about my first shirt. I am a 370 raw bencher, and have a single ply rage x that I have done 455 in gym and 450 in a full meet. It is very tough to get on, even with shirt slippers (they ripped trying to come out). But I can touch 315 in the shirt and haven't tried anything less. Is the shirt probably too loose or stretched out to be able to touch that light of weight? My training partner has the same shirt, but in the recommended size for him and has a hard time touching much more weight. I was glad at first to be able to touch weight because I had heard so many people had problems, now I am concerned its just a weak shirt. I've used it MAYBE ten times. I measured and got the size recommended on the website, but I think the arms are tight and the chest is loose, or is it likely the shirt just has stretched? Thanks for any input.

dammstrate
11-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Shirt shouldn't have stretched out that much in so little time. I suspect you have big arms
for your chest size. You may have to get a custom shirt with chest plate smaller than normal.

jtteg_x
11-23-2010, 11:03 PM
touching weight lighter than your raw seems odd. but a 80lb increase sounds about right for a single ply. was your body weight the same throughout this time period? 3-5lb in body weight can mean a lot when it comes to shirt fitment.

theBarzeen
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
sounds like the arms are really tight, but the chest panel is too big.... so +1 Gregg

-JM-
11-24-2010, 03:41 AM
In the meantime, if you really crank the neck down and pull your chest out of it, it will be harder to touch and you will get more pop. That worked well for me in the RageX.

drew
11-24-2010, 06:42 AM
If you're touching weight that easily it may not be enough shirt for you, or you're dumping the weight to touch it. Video would be really helpful to see exactly what you are doing. And if the shirt is that loose, you should have no trouble getting it on. It's just a matter of learning how to put it on. The single rage X is a lot of shirt and you should be able to get more than that out of it. Better gain some weight.

AdamBAG
11-24-2010, 08:02 AM
80lbs is not a whole lot of carryover single-ply or otherwise.

I would get a custom size as suggested. Get the sleeves the same size as you have and get a smaller chest plate. You want the sleeves to be tight as that is what helps your lockout. The tighter chest plate gives you pop off the chest.

robchris
11-24-2010, 06:00 PM
sounds like the arms are really tight, but the chest panel is too big.... so +1 Gregg

Agreed... get the chest plate taken in 1".

kingns
11-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the responses.
I thought that was probably a factor, since I have relatively big arms compared to the rest. Is there anything I can do with the shirt I have to account for that? I don't usually have a very experienced helper set the shirt for me, so I usually have the sleeves pulled straight on, not twisted at all. Then have the slack pulled out of the whole front of the shirt, and as the weight gets heavier pull the collar some, and only on the heaviest ones actually pull my chest out of the shirt some.
Should I twist the sleeves, pull the collar lower, anything like that?? I don't want to get it altered because I have a meet coming up and would rather just work with what I have, and get a customer fitted one for the next meet. THanks for the help.

douglasoh5
11-25-2010, 09:02 PM
When you put the shirt on go palms up. make sure its seated then pull the front down. To really jack the shirt have someone pull the back of the shirt up and at the same time have someone pull the front down and arch up hard. it will really jack it up. And if possible try and locate some experienced guys to train with now and then. nothing worse than lifting in a meet and getting crushed by a dude thats weaker than you but knows how to use a shirt